Login reminder popup remover (developement ceased - not up to date)

Removes the nagging login popups and banners from mobile and desktop versions of Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Quora, Ask.fm, VK, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitch and from the mobile versions of Youtube and TikTok.

< Feedback on Login reminder popup remover (developement ceased - not up to date)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2021-09-02

Twitter still showing login popup on Chrome for desktop

StephenPAuthor
§
Edited: 2021-09-02

I'll check it, Twitter's html classes are a nightmare to deal with😔

StephenPAuthor
§

Which userscript manager are you using? I'm using ViolentMonkey with Chrome and I can't reproduce your issue.

§
Posted: 2021-09-03
Edited: 2021-09-03

I'm using Tampermonkey. Here's a screenshot (https://i.imgur.com/xVt5cj5.png)
To clarify, it doesn't happen when you open a twitter page the first time. Pop up shows when you click any images/links on the page.

StephenPAuthor
§

I'll check it, thank you for the screenshot!

StephenPAuthor
§

I couldn't replicate the issue, but I see you're using a dark mode: is it a specific setting of your browser or are you using an extension/script to show the dark mode?
I ask because it may be changing some html classes on the page, causing a conflict with my script.

§
Posted: 2021-09-05

So sorry for the late reply. No, I'm using the Chrome inbuilt dark mode and not any script/extension. I do have extensions like ublock Origin and Universal bypass. Could that be the problem?

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-09-06

Ok, I'll try again with Chrome and dark mode. I use uBlock Origin and Universal Bypass as well, so I don't think they are the problem.

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-09-06
Edited: 2021-09-06

I can't make that popup appear😐 As it looks exactly like the popups that appear when you click the "Like" or "Reply" buttons beneath the photo, can you check if the classes are the same? Try opening the developer tools with F12 and then search for .css-1dbjc4n.r-1awozwy.r-1kihuf0.r-18u37iz.r-1pi2tsx.r-1777fci.r-1pjcn9w.r-1xcajam.r-ipm5af.r-g6jmlv in the "Elements" tab when the popup is open.
Or just select the background of the popup and post a screenshot of the Elements tab.

§
Posted: 2021-09-07
Edited: 2021-09-07

Hi. Here's the screenshot I took after selecting the popup background (https://i.imgur.com/ovmLOe5.jpg).
And here's a ss of the search results (https://i.imgur.com/LksFu5u.jpg). It showed a match.

PS- Thanks for all the effort! This is a great little userscript <3

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-09-07

Thank you for testing, I'll add those classes to the list. This kind of popups will be completely removed, wether they appear automatically or they are triggered by clicking on a "Like" or "comment" button.

§
Posted: 2021-09-08
Edited: 2021-09-08

Working fine after the update. Thanks a lot!✨

§
Posted: 2021-09-08

*updated rating

Sign in to post a reply.