Login reminder popup remover (developement ceased - not up to date)

Removes the nagging login popups and banners from mobile and desktop versions of Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Quora, Ask.fm, VK, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitch and from the mobile versions of Youtube and TikTok.

< Feedback on Login reminder popup remover (developement ceased - not up to date)

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2021-01-03

Friend recommended this script for IG loging remove, only works for him and not my side, both use chrome etc same tampermonkey extension.

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-01-03
Edited: 2021-01-03

Hi Frank, you're the second person telling me this in the last two days. I'm suspecting that Instagram is serving different interface to different users. Can you send me a screenshot of what you see when you browse Instagram and tell me the nation you are browsing from?
In the attachment you can see what I see when browsing here, with and without the script.

§
Posted: 2021-01-04

Appreciate you reaching out, my friend and I are currently in the U.S. usually I can search for any Instagram account without being asked to log in. Photo is too large to share. Scroll bar is long, I don't get asked to log in at all.

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-01-04
Edited: 2021-01-04

Ok, so the problem only happens if you try to search a profile from the top bar, but viewing the profile doesn't trigger any login popup?
Profile search never gave me problems even without the script, in this case it definitely means that the interface you see is different from what I see here.

§
Posted: 2021-01-09

here's what my page looks like, I can search freely, we both have the same scripts on tampermonkey/ad-blocks

§

I sent the exact link from the picture above and he seems to have been directed to a different link from the picture below.

§

hard to see but he has

/accounts/login/?next=benandjerrys/

StephenPAuthor
§
Edited: 2021-01-09

Hi Jorge, this is a common problem when browsing trough a shared connection, like a VPN, a proxy or the Tor Network. This is unfortunately not caused by my script, but from a forced redirection, usually following a 429 error (Too many requests) on the server. This might happen even if you use your home's landline/mobile connection, but the ISP gives you an IP that is shared with a lot of customers. This practice is now very common as many ISPs are still using IPv4 addresses for compatibility reasons, but there aren't enough of them for all the customers.
If, as I suppose, Instagram checks the IP of the connection to see if it's a shared one, there's virtually nothing that can be done to overcome the block, apart from trying a different connection or logging in.
My script works by simply replacing parts of the HTML page to make the site browsable, but to get past a forced redirection it would require a different approach, one that would definitely be illegal (and out of my knowledge) :D

§
Edited: 2021-01-09

Nice information. Thanks for sharing this information.

StephenPAuthor
§
Nice information. Thanks for sharing this information.

You're welcome!

I sent the exact link from the picture above and he seems to have been directed to a different link from the picture below.

If you need Instagram and can't access at all the site without logging in, you can use https://imginn.com instead: it can show all the public Instagram profiles without logging in and without blocking shared IPs.

Sign in to post a reply.