Fastest way of solving Jigidi puzzles

< Feedback on Automagic Jigidi Solver

Review: OK - script works, but could use improvement

jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-03-20
Edited: 2021-03-20
New thread for v1.7

This script removes all external scripts and Jigidi development tracking from puzzle page. It also allows you to change puzzle image to the fastest known puzzle to assist with manual solving until I get the new solver tested. Solver part is from old v1.5.8 which is the last "fast" solver. Please read the discussions HERE, stop the solver by clicking the heart second time to stop it.

There are new menu buttons added to Tampermonkey/ViolentMonkey, which allow you toggle features on/off.

I am still testing new slow solver, but before that I will complete tests with new fast solver. I will wait until Jigidi maintenance break finishes. They might be making other changes too.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Version 1.7.1 is the same as v1.7.0, but I forgot to include the one-liner that helps manual solvers. When you pause, the puzzle pieces don't become blurred and you can study pieces as long as you wish.
§
Tested the new version 1.7.1 with 4 puzzles (3 smaller and a 512 piece puzzle) and completed without using the pauze wordaround. They completed with popup screen and no error!

But .... the actual puzzle picture completely changed to a picture with numbers, not the original one. Plus jigidi.com loads real slow, but that´s up to them ;)
jtojanenAuthor
§
Tested the new version 1.7.1 with 4 puzzles (3 smaller and a 512 piece puzzle) and completed without using the pauze wordaround. They completed with popup screen and no error!

But .... the actual puzzle picture completely changed to a picture with numbers, not the original one. Plus jigidi.com loads real slow, but that´s up to them ;)
You can toggle between the picture with numbers (easy puzzle), and the original puzzle picture from the TamperMonkey menu. There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking". You will get WARNING that if you change the setting, the web gets reloaded!! You will lose progress if you are not logged into Jigidi.

I recommend that if you choose to switch these, do it at the start of puzzle or after you have seen the completion message, for example if you need to see the original picture.

"AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking" are there to in case Jigidi makes changes, and something stops working. It is easier to play with switches than with the code in script.

With this version page loading is quicker as most garbage is stripped from loading at all. Amazon, Google, Quantcast etc.. Jigidi tracking removes all Jigidi development reporting from scripts.
jtojanenAuthor
§
It is also possible that "Easy Puzzle" picture is too small in some cases. It will have white border depending on original image size or aspect ratio. Border might be quite large and end of the solving difficult.
§
Posted: 2021-03-21
You can toggle between the picture with numbers (easy puzzle), and the original puzzle picture from the TamperMonkey menu. There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking".
Where exactly can I find the option to switch between numbers and the original puzzle? Using Firefox here.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Click the menu, and you will see..
§
There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking".
The right settings to get the original picture are:

Easy Puzzle - OFF
AdBlock - OFF
Jigidi tracking - ON
jtojanenAuthor
§
There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking".
The right settings to get the original picture are:

Easy Puzzle - OFF
AdBlock - OFF
Jigidi tracking - ON
You only need to have "Easy Puzzle - OFF". I recommend leaving "AdBlock - ON" and "Jigidi tracking - OFF", those are the "factory" defaults.
§
Well, this could be fun. Lookie what just came up when I tried to visit Jigidi. "We are moving"
§
I have the same message
§
Posted: 2021-03-23
I tested the v 1.7.1 with Chrome and Tampermonkey. All puzzles were solved quickly and reliably. Thanks to @jtojanen. Respect!
§
I very rarely get "the heart" :-(
I thought the workaround could be restart of the browser, as I have had the heart a few times, but only on the first puzzle I opened. The following puzzles didn't show the heart, even though I refreshed several times (as suggested in another thread).
I have just added the script to firefox and edge (used to only use chrome), but still no succes in getting the precious solving heart :-(
jtojanenAuthor
§
New version 1.7.2 to fix Firefox loading bug and other issues. Give it a go!
§
YES! First two in a row succesful 👍 Thank you.

But it enters me in the scoreboard. Is that intentional?
jtojanenAuthor
§
YES! First two in a row succesful 👍 Thank you.

But it enters me in the scoreboard. Is that intentional?
Old versions didn't allow you to use solver when you were logged into Jigidi, but as with new version it is up to you. Use solver as guest user (sign out from Jigidi) if you don't need/want to have your name on scoreboard.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Edited: 2021-03-23
And now there is a bug with Tampermonkey. It does not allow you to update the script to the latest version. Greasyfork is reporting correctly v1.7.2, but Tampermonkey is caching old version v1.7.1. If you have this problem, copy&paste the new script from Greasyfork Code section.
§
Old versions didn't allow you to use solver when you were logged into Jigidi, but as with new version it is up to you. Use solver as guest user (sign out from Jigidi) if you don't need/want to have your name on scoreboard.
Thanks. I'll try to remember that. Personally I don't care, but no need to spoil things for those that try to reach the top of the charts, - and no need to raise the flag at jigidi!

Just another question: What does the "jigidi tracking" actually means. And what's the (dis)advantage of having it ON/OFF?
jtojanenAuthor
§
Thanks. I'll try to remember that. Personally I don't care, but no need to spoil things for those that try to reach the top of the charts, - and no need to raise the flag at jigidi!

Just another question: What does the "jigidi tracking" actually means. And what's the (dis)advantage of having it ON/OFF?
"Jigidi tracking" removes code blocks that are used for Jigidi development and don't effect solving the puzzle. For example that code is reporting if browser tab loses focus etc.. I might add some other requests into this category.
§
Posted: 2021-03-24
Here the solver doesn´t work at all, checked all the setting but still getting the error:

Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications.
§
Edited: 2021-03-24
Works for me using 1.7.2!
§
Working fine for me too! Think they know who are the naughty boys and who are not ....
§
Posted: 2021-03-25
I´m sure they put me on the naughty boys list and blocked my IP, because via TOR network it works great.
§
I didn't try the solver during the period folks were seeing the 'Ooops' message and/or getting blocked. I only started testing after 1.7.1 became available, so never experienced the messages/blocking. Not sure if that is now making any difference.
§
I came on the naughty boys and girls list with version 1.6.2. In the meantime, solving the puzzles without a solver was possible again.

Yesterday, with version 1.7.2, the execution of the script worked fine, at first. I tried "Easy Puzzle - ON" and "... OFF", everything was fine. But after four or five attempts the 'Ooops' message came back and I was blocked again. The blockage was released in less than 24 hours. Now I can solve the puzzle again without a solver.

It seems that Jigidi is storing mac addresses of the naughty boys and girls. The IP address is insufficient, as different IP addresses do not cause any changes.

I just wanted to report, that the script apparently cannot prevent re-blocking for naughty boys and girls.

So, if you have any other ideas ... an appropriate implementation would be great!
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-01
Edited: 2021-04-01
Released new version 1.7.3. It has nothing new to help with solver part, but contains new feature. It adds button to allow you to download the original full size image. Due to several reasons it is not the original image, but you get lossless PNG copy. Downloaded image filename is based upon puzzle name. This feature should be specially helpful with mobile phones.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-02
This is the plan for the future of solver:

Today (tonight) I will remove some Jigidi tracking code. Also I will double-check that the mouse/touch events don't have anything "extra" as the solver is not generating actual DOM events like real user.

Solver will start imitate how human solves jigsaw. Original code was a kind of hacker's showcase. It wasn't the fastest possible, but it has been definitely the simplest and smallest. Compared to humans it never makes a mistake. Every time it moves a piece, it will be moved to exact location of counterpart. There is zero error. It also grabs, moves, releases and joins pieces as fast as possible with no delay. Also the solving order is random when compared to humans. All this will be changed.

I will make a control page, which allows everyone to fine tune all the possible parameters. All the parameters will be initialized to random defaults when you install the script. This ensures that each setup is unique compared to other solver users. This means that there won't be static defaults to allow easy detection of solver. You will be able to control how fast solver moves pieces, how long delays it takes between each step, how likely it picks the right piece and how accurately it is. And some randomness will be added to each of those. Solver will have different solving orders to choose from.

Let me know if you have other ideas.
§
Posted: 2021-04-04
Since I don't care how long the solver takes:
- Read out how much time the fastest one needed
- Add something to it
- Divide time by number of puzzle pieces = time x
- Wait for a pause with time x after each solving step
§
move pieces in turn. I.e. solver moves one, I move one.

When there was a "slow version", I found it to be fun, to solve puzzle, while solver also was running. Like we where two players on the same puzzle...
jtojanenAuthor
§
Edited: 2021-04-04
Still taking small steps, updated to v1.7.5
§
Posted: 2021-04-05
First time I tried the solver since the troubles, so never had the Ooops message before ... updated to 1.7.5 just now and got the Oooops message

Noticed the 3 buttons "Jigidi Tracking" doesn't actually do anything now. Seems not resolved after all.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-05
Jigidi has again changes the detection back to old. They tried to positively identify solver script users from "Jigidi Tracking" feature, which removed mostly parts used for their development. In the latest version I made intentional programming error with the "Jigidi Tracking" button code to have it default to false for everyone. And as we saw it worked until Jigidi figured out that.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-06
Update to v1.7.6

Nothing new to solver yet. Removed the "Jigidi Tracking" feature as it gave a change to positively identify solver.
§
Posted: 2021-04-07
This is the plan for the future of solver:

Today (tonight) I will remove some Jigidi tracking code. Also I will double-check that the mouse/touch events don't have anything "extra" as the solver is not generating actual DOM events like real user.

Solver will start imitate how human solves jigsaw. Original code was a kind of hacker's showcase. It wasn't the fastest possible, but it has been definitely the simplest and smallest. Compared to humans it never makes a mistake. Every time it moves a piece, it will be moved to exact location of counterpart. There is zero error. It also grabs, moves, releases and joins pieces as fast as possible with no delay. Also the solving order is random when compared to humans. All this will be changed.

I will make a control page, which allows everyone to fine tune all the possible parameters. All the parameters will be initialized to random defaults when you install the script. This ensures that each setup is unique compared to other solver users. This means that there won't be static defaults to allow easy detection of solver. You will be able to control how fast solver moves pieces, how long delays it takes between each step, how likely it picks the right piece and how accurately it is. And some randomness will be added to each of those. Solver will have different solving orders to choose from.

Let me know if you have other ideas.
Maybe the delays should be done with different values as well? So some kind of a range defined by the user itself?

What about arranging the parts while being in easy mode? So at least moving all parts, so no parts are covered by others?
Or maybe arranging everything and user just have to connect the parts manually?

But without knowing the technical stuff behind this script it is just a best guess..
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-30
Edited: 2021-04-30
Update to v1.7.8

New source code contains this empty threat:
The purpose of this script is to give people who use the auto-solver a fair warning about the restrictions we will impose upon using the auto-solver. Manipulating this script will not influence how restrictions are imposed. On the contrary, disabling the message is a disservice to people using the auto-solver, who will then be unaware of their actions' impending consequences. Doing so without disclosure to the user is deceiving, and it would be reasonable to hold you responsible for their restricted access to Jigidi.
Jigidi talks about fairness. Jigidi has already set restrictions! It is now too late for them to issue these warnings. Nor have they publicly or openly promised to remove the restrictions if the user removes the solver.

It is unfortunate that that Jigidi script is so poorly written that it is unable to recognize the solver v1.7.8

But a fair warning: Do not use automatic solver part of this script if you do not want your IP address permanently banned by Jigidi.

Sign in to post a reply.