Fastest way of solving Jigidi puzzles

< Feedback on Automagic Jigidi Solver

Review: OK - script works, but could use improvement

jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-03-20
Edited: 2021-03-20
New thread for v1.7

This script removes all external scripts and Jigidi development tracking from puzzle page. It also allows you to change puzzle image to the fastest known puzzle to assist with manual solving until I get the new solver tested. Solver part is from old v1.5.8 which is the last "fast" solver. Please read the discussions HERE, stop the solver by clicking the heart second time to stop it.

There are new menu buttons added to Tampermonkey/ViolentMonkey, which allow you toggle features on/off.

I am still testing new slow solver, but before that I will complete tests with new fast solver. I will wait until Jigidi maintenance break finishes. They might be making other changes too.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Version 1.7.1 is the same as v1.7.0, but I forgot to include the one-liner that helps manual solvers. When you pause, the puzzle pieces don't become blurred and you can study pieces as long as you wish.
§
Tested the new version 1.7.1 with 4 puzzles (3 smaller and a 512 piece puzzle) and completed without using the pauze wordaround. They completed with popup screen and no error!

But .... the actual puzzle picture completely changed to a picture with numbers, not the original one. Plus jigidi.com loads real slow, but that´s up to them ;)
jtojanenAuthor
§
Tested the new version 1.7.1 with 4 puzzles (3 smaller and a 512 piece puzzle) and completed without using the pauze wordaround. They completed with popup screen and no error!

But .... the actual puzzle picture completely changed to a picture with numbers, not the original one. Plus jigidi.com loads real slow, but that´s up to them ;)
You can toggle between the picture with numbers (easy puzzle), and the original puzzle picture from the TamperMonkey menu. There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking". You will get WARNING that if you change the setting, the web gets reloaded!! You will lose progress if you are not logged into Jigidi.

I recommend that if you choose to switch these, do it at the start of puzzle or after you have seen the completion message, for example if you need to see the original picture.

"AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking" are there to in case Jigidi makes changes, and something stops working. It is easier to play with switches than with the code in script.

With this version page loading is quicker as most garbage is stripped from loading at all. Amazon, Google, Quantcast etc.. Jigidi tracking removes all Jigidi development reporting from scripts.
jtojanenAuthor
§
It is also possible that "Easy Puzzle" picture is too small in some cases. It will have white border depending on original image size or aspect ratio. Border might be quite large and end of the solving difficult.
§
Posted: 2021-03-21
You can toggle between the picture with numbers (easy puzzle), and the original puzzle picture from the TamperMonkey menu. There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking".
Where exactly can I find the option to switch between numbers and the original puzzle? Using Firefox here.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Click the menu, and you will see..
§
There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking".
The right settings to get the original picture are:

Easy Puzzle - OFF
AdBlock - OFF
Jigidi tracking - ON
jtojanenAuthor
§
There is three options to play with at the moment. Those are "Easy Puzzle", "AdBlock" and "Jigidi tracking".
The right settings to get the original picture are:

Easy Puzzle - OFF
AdBlock - OFF
Jigidi tracking - ON
You only need to have "Easy Puzzle - OFF". I recommend leaving "AdBlock - ON" and "Jigidi tracking - OFF", those are the "factory" defaults.
§
Well, this could be fun. Lookie what just came up when I tried to visit Jigidi. "We are moving"
§
I have the same message
§
Posted: 2021-03-23
I tested the v 1.7.1 with Chrome and Tampermonkey. All puzzles were solved quickly and reliably. Thanks to @jtojanen. Respect!
§
I very rarely get "the heart" :-(
I thought the workaround could be restart of the browser, as I have had the heart a few times, but only on the first puzzle I opened. The following puzzles didn't show the heart, even though I refreshed several times (as suggested in another thread).
I have just added the script to firefox and edge (used to only use chrome), but still no succes in getting the precious solving heart :-(
jtojanenAuthor
§
New version 1.7.2 to fix Firefox loading bug and other issues. Give it a go!
§
YES! First two in a row succesful 👍 Thank you.

But it enters me in the scoreboard. Is that intentional?
jtojanenAuthor
§
YES! First two in a row succesful 👍 Thank you.

But it enters me in the scoreboard. Is that intentional?
Old versions didn't allow you to use solver when you were logged into Jigidi, but as with new version it is up to you. Use solver as guest user (sign out from Jigidi) if you don't need/want to have your name on scoreboard.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Edited: 2021-03-23
And now there is a bug with Tampermonkey. It does not allow you to update the script to the latest version. Greasyfork is reporting correctly v1.7.2, but Tampermonkey is caching old version v1.7.1. If you have this problem, copy&paste the new script from Greasyfork Code section.
§
Old versions didn't allow you to use solver when you were logged into Jigidi, but as with new version it is up to you. Use solver as guest user (sign out from Jigidi) if you don't need/want to have your name on scoreboard.
Thanks. I'll try to remember that. Personally I don't care, but no need to spoil things for those that try to reach the top of the charts, - and no need to raise the flag at jigidi!

Just another question: What does the "jigidi tracking" actually means. And what's the (dis)advantage of having it ON/OFF?
jtojanenAuthor
§
Thanks. I'll try to remember that. Personally I don't care, but no need to spoil things for those that try to reach the top of the charts, - and no need to raise the flag at jigidi!

Just another question: What does the "jigidi tracking" actually means. And what's the (dis)advantage of having it ON/OFF?
"Jigidi tracking" removes code blocks that are used for Jigidi development and don't effect solving the puzzle. For example that code is reporting if browser tab loses focus etc.. I might add some other requests into this category.
§
Posted: 2021-03-24
Here the solver doesn´t work at all, checked all the setting but still getting the error:

Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications.
PJR
§
Edited: 2021-03-24
Works for me using 1.7.2!
§
Working fine for me too! Think they know who are the naughty boys and who are not ....
§
Posted: 2021-03-25
I´m sure they put me on the naughty boys list and blocked my IP, because via TOR network it works great.
§
I didn't try the solver during the period folks were seeing the 'Ooops' message and/or getting blocked. I only started testing after 1.7.1 became available, so never experienced the messages/blocking. Not sure if that is now making any difference.
§
I came on the naughty boys and girls list with version 1.6.2. In the meantime, solving the puzzles without a solver was possible again.

Yesterday, with version 1.7.2, the execution of the script worked fine, at first. I tried "Easy Puzzle - ON" and "... OFF", everything was fine. But after four or five attempts the 'Ooops' message came back and I was blocked again. The blockage was released in less than 24 hours. Now I can solve the puzzle again without a solver.

It seems that Jigidi is storing mac addresses of the naughty boys and girls. The IP address is insufficient, as different IP addresses do not cause any changes.

I just wanted to report, that the script apparently cannot prevent re-blocking for naughty boys and girls.

So, if you have any other ideas ... an appropriate implementation would be great!
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-01
Edited: 2021-04-01
Released new version 1.7.3. It has nothing new to help with solver part, but contains new feature. It adds button to allow you to download the original full size image. Due to several reasons it is not the original image, but you get lossless PNG copy. Downloaded image filename is based upon puzzle name. This feature should be specially helpful with mobile phones.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-02
This is the plan for the future of solver:

Today (tonight) I will remove some Jigidi tracking code. Also I will double-check that the mouse/touch events don't have anything "extra" as the solver is not generating actual DOM events like real user.

Solver will start imitate how human solves jigsaw. Original code was a kind of hacker's showcase. It wasn't the fastest possible, but it has been definitely the simplest and smallest. Compared to humans it never makes a mistake. Every time it moves a piece, it will be moved to exact location of counterpart. There is zero error. It also grabs, moves, releases and joins pieces as fast as possible with no delay. Also the solving order is random when compared to humans. All this will be changed.

I will make a control page, which allows everyone to fine tune all the possible parameters. All the parameters will be initialized to random defaults when you install the script. This ensures that each setup is unique compared to other solver users. This means that there won't be static defaults to allow easy detection of solver. You will be able to control how fast solver moves pieces, how long delays it takes between each step, how likely it picks the right piece and how accurately it is. And some randomness will be added to each of those. Solver will have different solving orders to choose from.

Let me know if you have other ideas.
§
Posted: 2021-04-04
Since I don't care how long the solver takes:
- Read out how much time the fastest one needed
- Add something to it
- Divide time by number of puzzle pieces = time x
- Wait for a pause with time x after each solving step
§
move pieces in turn. I.e. solver moves one, I move one.

When there was a "slow version", I found it to be fun, to solve puzzle, while solver also was running. Like we where two players on the same puzzle...
jtojanenAuthor
§
Edited: 2021-04-04
Still taking small steps, updated to v1.7.5
§
Posted: 2021-04-05
First time I tried the solver since the troubles, so never had the Ooops message before ... updated to 1.7.5 just now and got the Oooops message

Noticed the 3 buttons "Jigidi Tracking" doesn't actually do anything now. Seems not resolved after all.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-05
Jigidi has again changes the detection back to old. They tried to positively identify solver script users from "Jigidi Tracking" feature, which removed mostly parts used for their development. In the latest version I made intentional programming error with the "Jigidi Tracking" button code to have it default to false for everyone. And as we saw it worked until Jigidi figured out that.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-06
Update to v1.7.6

Nothing new to solver yet. Removed the "Jigidi Tracking" feature as it gave a change to positively identify solver.
§
Posted: 2021-04-07
This is the plan for the future of solver:

Today (tonight) I will remove some Jigidi tracking code. Also I will double-check that the mouse/touch events don't have anything "extra" as the solver is not generating actual DOM events like real user.

Solver will start imitate how human solves jigsaw. Original code was a kind of hacker's showcase. It wasn't the fastest possible, but it has been definitely the simplest and smallest. Compared to humans it never makes a mistake. Every time it moves a piece, it will be moved to exact location of counterpart. There is zero error. It also grabs, moves, releases and joins pieces as fast as possible with no delay. Also the solving order is random when compared to humans. All this will be changed.

I will make a control page, which allows everyone to fine tune all the possible parameters. All the parameters will be initialized to random defaults when you install the script. This ensures that each setup is unique compared to other solver users. This means that there won't be static defaults to allow easy detection of solver. You will be able to control how fast solver moves pieces, how long delays it takes between each step, how likely it picks the right piece and how accurately it is. And some randomness will be added to each of those. Solver will have different solving orders to choose from.

Let me know if you have other ideas.
Maybe the delays should be done with different values as well? So some kind of a range defined by the user itself?

What about arranging the parts while being in easy mode? So at least moving all parts, so no parts are covered by others?
Or maybe arranging everything and user just have to connect the parts manually?

But without knowing the technical stuff behind this script it is just a best guess..
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-04-30
Edited: 2021-04-30
Update to v1.7.8

New source code contains this empty threat:
The purpose of this script is to give people who use the auto-solver a fair warning about the restrictions we will impose upon using the auto-solver. Manipulating this script will not influence how restrictions are imposed. On the contrary, disabling the message is a disservice to people using the auto-solver, who will then be unaware of their actions' impending consequences. Doing so without disclosure to the user is deceiving, and it would be reasonable to hold you responsible for their restricted access to Jigidi.
Jigidi talks about fairness. Jigidi has already set restrictions! It is now too late for them to issue these warnings. Nor have they publicly or openly promised to remove the restrictions if the user removes the solver.

It is unfortunate that that Jigidi script is so poorly written that it is unable to recognize the solver v1.7.8

But a fair warning: Do not use automatic solver part of this script if you do not want your IP address permanently banned by Jigidi.
§
Posted: 2021-05-13
So jigidi won this battle? Or whole war?

Is there any way to use script because I really don't like jigidis, but I love geocaching and caches.
§
Posted: 2021-05-14
I have not seen a new working script, but I have seen crazy best times for the last few days on geocaching related puzzles - so it is still possible to solve the puzzles automatically. Hopefully it be shared with the rest of us, how to do so...
§
Posted: 2021-05-15
Hopefully it be shared with the rest of us, how to do so...
@Marc13 has written here very good instructions to use this script.
A completely white puzzle with over 500 parts in just over one minute. I think that's okay. :)
Thanks @Marc13.
§
Posted: 2021-05-15
... and of course, thanks @jtojanen !
§
Posted: 2021-05-16
@Marc13's workaround works perfectly, thanks.

But please remember to log out from Jigidi again before you make the last move, to prevent your name to enter the scoreboard! Just log out in another tab. That'll affect the other open tabs as well.

I'm sure it's our own fault, that Jigidi has started the fight. It all started when we were no longer forced to log out to use the script! ( @jtojanen ) If I had a puzzle-page, I would be very annoyed of the impossible times in the scoreboard too.
§
I'm sure it's our own fault, that Jigidi has started the fight. It all started when we were no longer forced to log out to use the script! ( @jtojanen ) If I had a puzzle-page, I would be very annoyed of the impossible times in the scoreboard too.
That's not how I recall it. When Jigidi started the fight, you had to be signed out, to run this script. I do remember it because I was annoyed, that I had to redo the puzzle, if the owner changed the finish-popup text, and had to revisit the puzzle.
§
It all started when we were no longer forced to log out to use the script! ( @jtojanen ) If I had a puzzle-page, I would be very annoyed of the impossible times in the scoreboard too.
Please check your facts - @jtojanen removed the login check during the already running fight with jigidi. The battle started earlier, when jigidi started to block the users basing on their IP address:

https://greasyfork.org/de/scripts/394279-automagic-jigidi-solver/discussions/78086
Now I have release third "slow version", and I have successfully solved 600 pieces in 30min 51 secs.

I have also removed the old restriction. You SHOULD now create Jigidi account, ALWAYS log in and USE this solver. It seems that Jigidi wants us to fill the leaderboard with our fastest times. This is the least we can do to thank them.

Final note. At the moment I don't know how long they will be blocking the IP addresses. But as I already said, it is mistake by them. It will most definitely block legit/fair users too. If your home IP address is now blocked, you can try powering down your router and restarting it. Most ISPs will give you new public IP, but not all. If that doesn't help, use your mobile connection. Or you can use Tor or VPN connection. They cannot block all IP addresses.
§
Edited: 2021-05-16
In any case, it doesn't hurt to log out before the last moves.

Jigidi would have deserved the super times, but not the owner of the puzzles.

In fact, I only use the solver for dubious tasks, because I actually enjoy puzzles when the picture is beautiful and the number of puzzle pieces is not exaggerated. A really pointless thing, as the name of the cache suggests, is the https://coord.info/GC5ARFN . 7 times 540 puzzle pieces and always senseless pictures.
§
Here in Denmark, one can observe the numbers. In .dk there has been created 626 geocaches, involving jigidi.

In May, so far there has only been created one new geocache, that makes use of Jigidi. This one has ~50% of the pieces as just white, and 400 pieces. I do predict a very small number of visitors (both to Jigidi, on that puzzle, and at the geocache).

So the trend is, not to crate new geocaches, that uses Jigidi.
§
Edited: 2021-05-16
In any case, it doesn't hurt to log out before the last moves.
Agreed.
Jigidi would have deserved the super times, but not the owner of the puzzles.
Do not agree, except on the second part.

I do not want to fight, this endless battle. I just want to find geocaches, but not by wasting time on 540 black pieces puzzle's (at the worst), or a series of geocaches involving the same picture as a identical puzzle, with different end-popups.

But I do not want to hurt or harm Jigidi in any way. I hope for a situation, where we all can do what we find best, without destroying anything for each other.

With the Jigidi-tactic's I only see one outcome.. Jigidi loosing users, and getting bad PR, from the users they could so easy please... even work with, to get a even better product/situation...
§
Of course, you are right.
But you can usually not choose the fights you want to fight.
It's jigidi's turn now. Maybe the jigidi boys and girls will understand it also.
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-05-17
The battle is not over. It has been their turn for a long time.. They have still not said how long the ban will last. If the ban is permanent, everyone will loss. They try to transfer all responsibility to the users. No one reads or believes the instructions, and the ban affects basic users the most.

Part of the reason why I haven’t updated the script and instructions is their immediate response. I haven't updated the script as it works but I should simplify the necessary steps. I will modify the solver so that it stops automatically before the puzzle is completed. I haven't updated the instructions because they would try to find a way to block the current working solution.

Lastly I urge everyone to avoid using their service when possible. I also hope that the Danish trend will spread all over. Please do not to create new geocaches that uses Jigidi!
§
It would help everyone, if the script prevents you from logging in and the solution times are therefore not logged in the leaderboard. The cacher who doesn't feel like doing this puzzles can do the puzzles quickly with the solver. The cache owner do not know because the leaderboard does not contain this data. And the Jigidi people don't lose face either.

But I think that's exactly how it used to be.

Maybe someone should meet the Jigidi people for a beer and chat.

Other than that, I mean the current solution is perfectly fine. Investing a few minutes is okay.
jtojanenAuthor
§
It would help everyone, if the script prevents you from logging in and the solution times are therefore not logged in the leaderboard. The cacher who doesn't feel like doing this puzzles can do the puzzles quickly with the solver. The cache owner do not know because the leaderboard does not contain this data. And the Jigidi people don't lose face either.

But I think that's exactly how it used to be.

Maybe someone should meet the Jigidi people for a beer and chat.

Other than that, I mean the current solution is perfectly fine. Investing a few minutes is okay.
@Bikealot said that "I'm sure it's our own fault, that Jigidi has started the fight." True to some extent, but geocaching is not about solving Jigidi puzzles. In the past, I tried my best to prevent the result from ending up in the statistics, both the leaderboard and number of solves. This was not enough for Jigidi. At the moment, it is impossible to go back to the old state. They see the solver as the root of all evil, and they won't chat. No reward, only punishment!

It is easy for them to detect the use of the current solver, as we have seen. They could simply always ignore the time, and not increment the number of solves nor include the result in the leaderboard. But still show the completion message, which is the only thing we want to see. No one would be able to brag.

All geocachers know that there is solver for Jigidi puzzles; there has always been and shall be. If someone chooses to make a mystery cache based on Jigidi, this solver is part of game. Geocacher can solve Jigidi puzzles manually or use this solver. Do not use Jigidi if this is problem, or at least offer an alternative. Solving Jigidi does not require or show skills, it only takes time. One initial motivation was that everyone solves the mysteries themselves and don't ask a friend, but now I recommend sharing the completion messages or coordinates. Let's minimize the stress we generate to Jigidi servers.

I have a completely different version ready and I will release it as soon as Jigidi blocks the current version. But like I said, they’re taking countermeasures, so we’re waiting..
jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-05-18
Update to v1.7.9

Solver will automatically stop when there is 10 pieces left. You can finish manually or single step to end by repeatedly clicking the heart button.
PJR
§
Installed v1.7.9 ... Doesn't work for me, same problems as before (Restricted access etc.) ... Are there any special tricks involved, should I be signed-in to Jigidi?
I signed-out before doing the test, maybe that was wrong! Using a VPN so I can swap IP's easily.
§
Installed v1.7.9 ... Doesn't work for me, same problems as before (Restricted access etc.) ... Are there any special tricks involved, should I be signed-in to Jigidi?
I signed-out before doing the test, maybe that was wrong! Using a VPN so I can swap IP's easily.
use the workaround stated here https://greasyfork.org/de/scripts/394279-automagic-jigidi-solver/discussions/83308

working perfectly and with the new stop function you will not miss this essential step during the process
PJR
§
@RobertoCavalli ... Still doesn't work for me! The problem seems to be Step 7. press F5 to reload the puzzle page. When I try this the page is reloaded with just the final picture, I cannot complete the puzzle!
§
Edited: 2021-05-18
@jtojanen Great work, again!

@RobertoCavalli The problem seems to be Step 7. press F5 to reload the puzzle page. When I try this the page is reloaded with just the final picture, I cannot complete the puzzle!
Sometimes there is a further step named 7.1 Click one or two times to the break/run button until the counter continues to run.
Sometimes you overlook it. Was that the problem?
PJR
§
Just tried again ... As soon as I hit F5 the final picture is shown and nothing more is possible ... The Break/Run button isn't active/available!!!!!!
§
Edited: 2021-05-18
I think I've already had that too.
Please clear your browser cache (not the browser geocache, but the browser memory 😂 )
"jigidi" should be enough.

[Edit] I mean that was the solution ...
PJR
§
No, didn't help!
PJR
§
I'm a Geocacher who also has my own Jigidi Puzzles ... I'm okay if someone wants to use a Solver for my Puzzles, but I'd also like to be able to do the same for other Puzzles! Just a comment ... Jigidi please just let this happen!
§
@Tulip1952
Sorry, stupid thing, I thought this was the problem.
It could also be that the problem was the forgotten step 4. switch off/disable Tampermonkey. That happened to me sometimes. I do not know either, I'm not sure.
I don't currently have any jigidis to solve, I do most of them myself. I'll get back to you if the problem happens to me again in the near future.
PJR
§
Posted: 2021-05-19
I've tried all of the above suggestions and it still doesn't work, I never get the completion message just the final picture! Not quite sure where we go from here, I just seem to be wasting my time ... Thank you very much Jigidi!
§
Edited: 2021-05-19
@Tulip1952
Du armer Odenwälder!

Als ich deinen Beitrag las, fiel mir noch etwas ein. Ein lieber Bekannter hat mir davon berichtet, dass die IPv4 Adressen womöglich nicht immer geändert werden, selbst wenn man den Router ausschaltet und wieder anschaltet. Das würde den Effekt bei dir erklären. Vermutlich hast du die Ooops Meldung von Jigidi mal gesehen und die Sperrmeldung von Jigidi ebenfalls. Danach gibt es nämlich keine erneute Meldung, sondern einfach nur das volle Bild ohne Infomeldung. Das ist auch genau das was ich im Kopf hatte bei meinen vorherigen Beiträgen.

Über meinen Fritzbox Router kann man eine neue IP Adresse anfordern, ohne den Router auszustöpseln, und man kann die IP Adresse vor und nach der Anforderung sehen. Hiermit kannst du also nicht nur eine IP Adresse neu anfordern, sondern auch prüfen ob tatsächlich eine neue IP Adresse zugewiesen wurde, oder ob die alte IP Adresse einfach erneut zugewiesen wurde.

Vielleicht hat sich ja dein Aufwand doch noch gelohnt.
Probier mal, und gib wieder bescheid.

[Edit]
In der Fritzbox sollte das im Menü unter Internet -> Online Monitor zu finden sein.
PJR
§
@2Abendsegler ... Maybe it would be best to stay with English so that others can understand what we are discussing! Don't have a Fritzbox rather a Speedpoint from Telekom ... I change the IP Address using a VPN which should be sufficient ... Phil
PJR
§
@2Abendsegler ... I use https://whatismyipaddress.com/ to check that I have been given a new IP Address
PJR
§
I have created a Test Puzzle with 36 Pieces which we can use for testing purposes (Completion message 'TEST TEST') https://www.jigidi.com/created.php?id=v7dctzr1
§
@Tulip1952
It works one time.
Result by the next puzzle:
"Your access to Jigidi has been restricted due to the use of unauthorized applications."
PJR
§
Posted: 2021-05-27
I think I've found a way to get this working, for me already twice!

Tested with Solver v1.7.9 ...

1. Sign-in to Jigidi ... If you don't sign-in, this won't work!
2. ENABLE the Solver.
3. In Jigidi, click on "Solve Puzzle".
4. Hit the "Heart" button and when it stops DISABLE the Solver (very important)
5. In Jigidi, go to Puzzles->In Progress. Select the Puzzle to be solved.
6. If the "Heart" button appears, the Solver has NOT been disabled!
7. Let the Clock run for some time occasionally moving a few pieces of the Puzzle. I let it run for >30 Minutes so that the Completion times look Human!
*** Please remember that you are signed-in to Jigidi and the times will appear in the Leaderboard ***
8. Manually finish the Puzzle.

The completion message should now magically appear.
§
Posted: 2021-05-27
Need to be more careful posting such detail ... big brother is watching!!!
PJR
§
Posted: 2021-05-28
Okay, my solution doesn't seem to work after all! Worked okay twice now I get the Oops message! Back to the drawing board!
§
Okay, my solution doesn't seem to work after all! Worked okay twice now I get the Oops message! Back to the drawing board!
You need to change your IP address during your described process.
But this was already described earlier.
With this step you could solve any size within ~3min
§
Tulip1952 and RobertoCavalli - there needs to be a different way of communicating details otherwise any solutions will be blocked

Maybe just post you have a solution and if possible pass on details via private messaging?

I fear there will never be a good solution if posts carry the full how to do it.
PJR
§
@puzzlesolver ... Agreed, it wasn't a good idea of mine to document my solution yesterday ... Looks like they have already blocked that one! Anyway, i'm getting very pissed off with this whole Jigida Solver thing ... Maybe I'll just retire!
§
Well, the procedure of Mark13 still works for me, nothing was blocked here. 😉 I don't know what's different for you, but this procedure works for me and for some others that I know. Maybe you should try again. Exactly as described. And leave out the bells and whistles like VPN and other things ... 😊
PJR
§
Posted: 2021-05-29
Edited: 2021-05-29
@2Abendsegler @RoberttoCavelli ... The Mark13 solution doesn't work for me. Did it exactly as documented, with no VPN involved and just to make sure I rebooted the Router which gave me a new IP Address! Maybe it to do with my Browser, I use Edge and not FF!
PJR
§
All of the solutions that have so far been documented didn't work for me so I decided to go a different route. I'm not going to document this because it's too explosive but I have finally found a solution which works for me. Tried it 5 times and every time it worked perfectly. It's very complicated but it works!
§
All of the solutions that have so far been documented didn't work for me so I decided to go a different route. I'm not going to document this because it's too explosive but I have finally found a solution which works for me. Tried it 5 times and every time it worked perfectly. It's very complicated but it works!
Complicated means also time intensive?
PJR
§
Posted: 2021-05-30
@RobertoCavalli ... No, not really time intensive and it's actually not so complicated now that I have refined the process. I won't publish the details here, only via a PM.
PJR
§
Posted: 2021-05-30
I appreciate that we are a community and exchange information freely. My problem is that maybe, maybe one of you (which I don't actually believe) or even me could be a spy for "Big Brother" Jigidi therefore I have to be careful with whom I converse via PM. Please understand my viewpoint on this, my solution works every time and I am sure that you would love to know the procedure but I have to protect myself AND the community!
§
Posted: 2021-06-01
I appreciate that we are a community and exchange information freely. My problem is that maybe, maybe one of you (which I don't actually believe) or even me could be a spy for "Big Brother" Jigidi ...
Please don't get paranoid, and start suspecting/accusing members of such things.

This is a wide-open board, anyone can read everything in here, even without logging in, or creating an account.
§
Please don't get paranoid, and start suspecting/accusing members of such things.

This is a wide-open board, anyone can read everything in here, even without logging in, or creating an account.
I am sure Tulip1952 was not suspecting/accusing genuine members of anything sinister, however as you say others can anonymously watch this and similar threads for their own reasons, therefore it is better that no details are posted and care taken even with PMs. Way back in this thread the author of the solver asked that solutions are not posted here.
PJR
§
@puzzlesolver @ThomasC ...

I certainly didn't intend to suspect or accuse anyone with my comments, sorry if it came across that way. We know that that Jigidi are watching our activities and I am just trying to ensure that a working solution continues to work for as long as possible by not posting the details.
PJR
§
Edited: 2021-06-01
I have just changed my GreasyFork name from Tulip1952 to PJR. Don't want to expose my Geocaching name and no, I'm not paranoid just careful!
§
I have just changed my GreasyFork name from Tulip1952 to PJR. Don't want to expose my Geocaching name and no, I'm not paranoid just careful!
I thought you didn't want to expose your geocaching name. 😂 It gets even better. 🤭
PJR
§
No problem ... Soon my geocaching name will also disappear and be something completely different!
§
Posted: 2021-06-13
May I suggest adding some feature to keep the timer running. As you know it seems to compare against some kind of times (maybe there is certain averages known for each puzzle size? or is it just leaderboard?) and need to idle easily 30 mins or more. The default pauses every 60 sec, annoying to keep pushing this every minute or enabling an auto clicker to idle it out.
§
May I suggest adding some feature to keep the timer running. As you know it seems to compare against some kind of times (maybe there is certain averages known for each puzzle size? or is it just leaderboard?) and need to idle easily 30 mins or more. The default pauses every 60 sec, annoying to keep pushing this every minute or enabling an auto clicker to idle it out.
Hm ... I just solved two puzzles. One of them with times in the leaderboard under 2 minutes and one with only times over 36 minutes. In both cases my resolution time was less than 2 minutes and in both cases I saw the popup with the information about the cache.

Marc13's approach still works flawlessly. In my opinion, therefore, no additional features are necessary.
§
Hm ... I just solved two puzzles. One of them with times in the leaderboard under 2 minutes and one with only times over 36 minutes. In both cases my resolution time was less than 2 minutes and in both cases I saw the popup with the information about the cache.

Marc13's approach still works flawlessly. In my opinion, therefore, no additional features are necessary.
Same here, solved these days 4 puzzle with the workaround in parallel and all 4 were showing the popup at the end.

So just do your homework and don't ask for further features ;)
§
Posted: 2021-06-15
This method is not working for me. And the comments in the linked thread say this as well.
After logging in, no progress is saved. Refresh scrambles the puzzle as if I had never started. Help.
§
Edited: 2021-06-15
This method is not working for me. And the comments in the linked thread say this as well.
After logging in, no progress is saved. Refresh scrambles the puzzle as if I had never started. Help.
Still working, just tested it.

Slightly different approach here, cause I am using my mobile phone, but overall it is the same:

1) solve the puzzle manually
2) see the popup

;)
§
@CK007 Do not refresh! (Re)open in a new tab.
§
I followed the instructions to the letter. I tried Bike's new tab method. It is as if the website does not save progress at all, it is a new puzzle, fully scrambled, no progress saved. Why is this? What browser do you use? Do you have any adblock scripts installed? I tried disabling ublock origin but it made no difference.
§
Edited: 2021-06-15
I tried to solve a 400+ piece puzzle. Let it run for 20 mins. Pressed the heart and then finished manually. Got the oops message. I wonder if there's a minimum amount of time that has to pass based on how large the puzzle is or if they can detect how many pieces get correctly assembled in x amount of time? If it's humanly impossible it gets flagged?

Anyway I'm sick of Jigidi's shit. If you have a nuclear option please release it :)

Sign in to post a reply.