< Feedback on Automagic Jigidi Solver

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2021-09-27

1.8.2 has just stopped working :(

Thanks

§
Posted: 2021-09-27

Just search inside the script for 14.3.1977 and replace it with 14.3.1877, works for me without any issue.

§
Posted: 2021-09-28

Changed on line 404 twice to 14.3.1877 but not working here.

§

You need to change the 1977 to 1877 on lines 385 and 386. Changing it on 404 only changes the output message.

jtojanenAuthor
§

Updated to v1.8.3.

His job is to edit the version number daily, very important and very productive. But I wouldn’t hire you to maintain the script. 😃🤣
In the script we clearly have a switch statement with multiple equal cases so instead of find&replace, simply add a new case label.

I challenge you guys. What is the correct fix to the script to prevent these version number problems? By correct, I mean that it doesn't silently break the Jigidi page and it works when version number is updated as long as version number schema isn't changes. Solution is somewhat obvious.

jtojanenAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-09-29

Updated to v1.8.4

Now we try old "mod" when Jigidi updates to new/unknown version. We want to avoid false positives:

• As we are moding obfuscated Javascript, it is extremely unlikely that new version has exactly same variable naming
  • By increasing the length of matched strings, we decrease likelihood of false match
  • We count number of replacements and it must be equal to the expected total
  • If and only if all those conditions are met then we have succeeded in patching. But even then we show warning to let user know about Jigidi change.

I bet that the next version update isn't just version number change.

§
    Posted: 2021-10-08
    Updated to v1.8.4

Now we try old "mod" when Jigidi updates to new/unknown version. We want to avoid false positives:
  • As we are moding obfuscated Javascript, it is extremely unlikely that new version has exactly same variable naming
  • By increasing the length of matched strings, we decrease likelihood of false match
  • We count number of replacements and it must be equal to the expected total
  • If and only if all those conditions are met then we have succeeded in patching. But even then we show warning to let user know about Jigidi change.

I bet that the next version update isn't just version number change.

V1.8.4
    Google
    Tampermonkey

Error message:
    Oops my friend - apparently you are trying to cut corners! 👀

What now?

Sign in to post a reply.