Vk media downloader
This script allows you to:
- download video from vk.com
- download music from vk.com
The advantages of this script:
- the script is run only on VKontakte pages
- the button for downloading video is also available in thumbnails.
- the video file size is displayed when you hover the mouse over the video tooltip
- shows the bitrate, size and download progress of hls (m3u8) audio files
How to download video, music from VKontakte (vk.com)
- On thumbnails of the video a button will appear - “Download video”. When you hover the mouse over this button, a list of videos available for downloading will open. To start the download - click on the desired video resolution.
- On the video player, the download button will appear in the lower right corner.
- When you hover the mouse over the audio range, a button for downloading music will appear at the right end of the audio sequence. Click the button to start the download. IMPORTANT: do not close page before download completes.
- restart script (usefull if the download button not loaded in some pages)For Aria2 users:
- get all links to media files (video, audio)
- save text file with received links
It is not recommended to use
, especially if there are a lot of media files on the page, since a separate request is sent to each media file (100 files - 100 requests). Instead, you can hover the mouse over the save button as before - this initiates a request for a file link, and then press
, to save the links.
Starting from version v2.1.0 it is added the downloader of *.ts files archived into a *.zip file:
- source/stream.001.tsWhy is it needed?
You may have notices that some *.mp3 files contain sound distortions.
So in a new version v2.1.0 I have added *.ts downloader for further concantenation of the *.ts files into a single *.mp3 file by using ffmpeg. Such *.mp3 files have clear sound without distortions.How to concatenate *.ts files into a single *.mp3 file?
- install ffmpeg (google helps you)
bat - Windows,
sh - Linux, MacOs)
before you run the shell script make it executable
> chmod +x generate.mp3.sh
If you still want to download *.mp3 files directly, then set
DOWNLOAD_TS = false
. But be aware, that such *.mp3 files may have sound distortions.
If there are any errors, or the script does not work correctly, then:
- go to the Tampermonkey "Dashboard"
- select this script, check and save changes
const DEBUG = 1 or
const DEBUG = 3
- then refresh the vk page and open the console (for Chrome
Ctrl + Shift + J -> Console tab)
- take a screenshot of the console and upload it here https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38614-vk-media-downloader/feedback along with a description of the problem