Vk Media Downloader
Download music and video from vk.com without any external service
The advantages of this script:
- this is open source project
- works without any external service
- download video from thumb - no need to open a video to download it
- this script can work even without GM API - if you want you can disable all @grant metadata and the script still would work (tested on Firefox + Tampermonkey, Firefox + Violentmonkey)
- automatically add ID3 metadata to audio files - this feature requires ffmpeg.js to be enabled (see
Settings -> General)
Alt+R - Restart script - usefull if the download button doesn't appear in some pages
Alt+L - Save log file - needed for debugging the script
Alt+U - Save audio url to clipboard
To open settings modal click on VkMD button on left side bar or profile menu on top-right corner
The new version v3.3.0 added
Now you don't need to install
ffmpeg on your computer.
One click is enough and this script will combine
*.ts fragments into an mp3 / mp4 file directly in the browser (see below Important notes ).
If you still do not want to use this functionality, or it slows down your browser, you can always disable this option in the settings
General -> uncheck "Enable ffmpeg.js ".
Starting from version v2.1.0 it is available to download *.ts fragments of HLS playlist archived into a *.zip file:
Why is it needed?
VK now uses HLS (Http Live Streaming) instead of mp3. HLS consists of *.ts fragments.
So in a new version v2.1.0 I have added *.ts downloader.
One should use ffmpeg to convert *.ts fragments into a single *.mp3 file.
For this purpose I've created scripts (
bat - for Windows,
sh - for Linux, MacOS)
generate.mp3.sh, they are included in a downloaded *.zip file
How to convert *.ts fragments into *.mp3 ?
- install ffmpeg if you haven't done it yet (google helps you)
- unzip downloaded *.zip file
generate.mp3.[bat|sh], P.S. before you run the shell script make it executable:
chmod +x generate.mp3.sh
- MacOS users can export "apple.script.txt" as app:
- Copy and paste the text of "apple.script.txt" into Script Editor app.
- Export as app.
- Drag the app to the dock for easy drag and drop.
- Extract downloaded zip and drop the folder on to the app.
- The app will export the mp3 and move it into the parent directory of the zip file. It will then move the zip file into the extracted folder and send the folder to the trash.
If there are any errors or the script doesn't work correctly
- enable debugging mode in logger settings: Settings -> Logger -> Debug
Alt+L to save logs into file
Alt+L doesn't work, then open browser's
Console and save logs;
Ctrl+Shift+J -> tab
Console -> right click in console window ->
Ctrl+Shift+K -> tab
Console -> right click on messages ->
Export visible messages to -> File;
- upload log file here https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38614-vk-media-downloader/feedback along with a description of the problem
Hotkeys for Aria2 users
Alt+A - get links of all music and video files on current page
Alt+S - save text file with received links
Sponsor this project by yandex wallet