Add YouTube Video Progress

Adds a progress bars (or dots) at bottom of video, a progress text which includes video quality and subtitle indicators, and a chapter title box on the YouTube video page.

< Feedback on Add YouTube Video Progress

Question/comment

q1k
§
Posted: 2022-05-22

All I need is the progress bar to be shown. Nothing else. So I need the info bar in the page to be disabled and removed.
Also, I'd like to have the progressbar displayed below the video player, that way it won't cover the bottom few pixels of the video.

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-05-23

Updated:

• Added setting to show progressbar below video frame, instead of within video frame.

• Added setting to disable progressbar (which also disable chapter box).

q1k
§

Thank you for this update.

Another thing I've noticed, it doesn't work well on livestreams

q1k
§

I've also noticed that the bar is not showing up in embedded videos. This could be because I have set the bar below the video.
Maybe that particular setting could be ignored on embedded videos?

q1k
§

Also, is it possible to have the bar update smoothly like the default one?

q1k
§

I noticed that css you mean to use on the info bar below the video does some changes to other elements on the page. For example, the like/dislike buttons in the comments are much bigger than usual.

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-05-24

New update: the "show progressbar below video" setting has been changed to apply only when not in fullscreen mode.

Another thing I've noticed, it doesn't work well on livestreams

Well, livestreams don't have video duration in the first place. IOTW, it never ends. So obviously, the progressbar is not applicable. Even YouTube's own progressbar "doesn't work" in this case.

I've also noticed that the bar is not showing up in embedded videos.

This script never does support embedded YouTube videos, and there's no plan to support it. If it's to be supported, it would be a low priority one.

Yes, but it will never be implemented, because it's CPU intensive and it would be bad for slow systems.

the like/dislike buttons in the comments are much bigger than usual.

That's been fixed on this update.

q1k
§
Posted: 2022-05-24

Well, livestreams don't have video duration in the first place. IOTW, it never ends. So obviously, the progressbar is not applicable. Even YouTube's own progressbar "doesn't work" in this case.

The default works pretty well actually.

Yes, but it will never be implemented, because it's CPU intensive and it would be bad for slow systems.

I used css transition to do that. But the your script keeps setting the width to 0 when the bar is reappearing, so the transition is pretty bad when the bar appears. But other than that there are no issues.

If you think it's too much cpu intensive then maybe add a warning when enabling it?

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-05-25

The default works pretty well actually.

Then I don't know what you meant by "doesn't work".

If you think it's too much cpu intensive then maybe add a warning when enabling it?

It will never be implemented, sorry.

q1k
§
Posted: 2022-05-25

by "doesn't work" I meant your script. It's always full even though I clicked at the beginning

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-05-26

If you meant clicking at the progressbar created by this script, it'll never work as it never function as a video seeker. It's just as an indicator.

q1k
§

I click on the regular bar but the bar created by this script is always full

jcunewsAuthor
§

As I said earlier, progressbar is not applicable for live streams, and it works just like YouTube's own progressbar which is also always full.

If you think it doesn't show the same thing as YouTube's own progressbar for live streams, please do provide a screenshot and the URL of the video, so that I can see the problem you're seeing from my system.

q1k
§

In livestreams you can go back and forward (some streams have that feature disabled though)

Just open any livestream, and go back a few minutes/hours. Your bar doesn't change to reflect that.

q1k
§

I would like to add that if a stream goes for over 12 hours, you can't go back prior to that.

jcunewsAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-05-27

I do not see the problem you are having in my system, based on only the information you've provided.

q1k
§
Posted: 2022-05-31

i noticed that livestreams add like an hour over what the length would be.

anyway,
after the last few updates i noticed you've added the chapter text below the video on the right,
the option to hide those extra text labels doesn't hide that chapter text.

additionally, would it be possible to make the progress bar appear with those breaks as the default one, when there are chapters?

q1k
§
Posted: 2022-06-25

anything?

Sign in to post a reply.