ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!
This script modifies Twitter image posts:
- All image post thumbnails are modified to display uncropped
- All thumbnails of image posts link directly to their high-res "orig" version (easily accessible by opening in a new tab via "middle-mouse" click)
- if navigating from home to a specific blog stream, a manual reload is sometimes required to trigger the script (reason unknown, symptom are images not resized to display uncropped)
- If image opened in extra tab -> press CTRL-S (Firefox) or Right-click | Save Image As
- In stream or single post view -> Right-click | Save Link As (FireFox) will save the "orig" high-res version of the image
- If (manually) opening a non-"orig" image URL in tab -> the script will automatically switch to "orig" version
Only for old Twitter UI (not tested anymore - please let me know if something is broken):
=> You still get the old UI if you are NOT logged in to Twitter
- Twitter images opened in a new tab allow downloading the ":orig" version by clicking on the image (using a valid file name stripped of the superfluous " orig.jpg" suffix)
- The image thumbnails are modified to use ":small" version to improve performance and reduce network traffic (no noticeable quality degradation)
- script applies also to posts displayed as overlay
The script is presented AS-IS with no guarantees - it works well for me, it might not for you... feedback is welcome.