YT2Invidio

Point YouTube links to Invidious, Twitter to Nitter, Instagram to Bibliogram, Reddit to Teddit, Medium to Scribe

< Feedback on YT2Invidio

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020-07-10
Edited: 2020-07-10

Suggestion to add or append parameter for Invidious to set video proxy state

Because not all Invidious instance are set proxy stream by default, an ability to proxy stream is end users will not have any connections to GoogleVideo CDN for playing and/or listen to stream. However, the connections speed to stream contents may slower than non-proxied stream because everything will done by instance servers, and worse case is unable to stream content.

The parameter to be set is local, and receive Boolean value, neither 0|1 or false|true

Example:

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-08-03

Thanks for the suggestion – and apologies for the late answer! Good idea, and should not be too difficult to implement, provided I find a little time on my priority list. Be welcome to send me a reminder if I don't report back until…

Ah, bullocks. As I wrote, not that difficult – only took a few minutes to add. Just fetch the update to v1.4.3 – and please let me know if it works as expected (and didn't break something else :)

Thanks for the update, however, it maybe effective if the instance doesn't strictly disabled the proxy stream (take a look in invidious settings for each instances) e.g. 13ad doesn't allowed to do that.

But this will helpful in case if open in private window or play from embed frame.

Thanks again.

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-08-05

it maybe effective if the instance doesn't strictly disabled the proxy stream

well, there's nothing a UserScript can do about that I'm afraid. And yes: guess why I added local=0 instead of omitting the parameter altogether when toggling the proxy off: I wanted to check the effect. So after visiting snopyta with both (and learing cookies in between, just to be sure) I've checked their settings, and proxy was ticked in both cases. I did however not check network traffic while playing a video: sites might still accept that parameter "for this video only".

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to have this option, even if it might be that it only works on some instances. So again thanks for the suggestion!

Sign in to post a reply.