Pinterest Palooza

Visit a Pin's source web site by clicking the Pin's thumbnail image. Easy peasy!

< Feedback on Pinterest Palooza

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2014-07-07

Just what I needed

Thanks, it takes a couple of seconds to fetch the link but it's just was I was looking for! :) this should be on the site by default.

ifuguAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-07-07

Thank you very much for commenting!! I was really wondering if someone would find this script and understand what it was doing. I think I need to add some pictures to show the button that's added.

Yeh, there's a little delay to generate the button since I didn't want to bombard their site to fetch all of the source links. I wait until you roll over a pin to fetch it.

Actually, I just thought of a better way to do this as I'm writing. I should give you the button that you can click right away and when you click it, I'll fetch the source URL. Less traffic for them and the delay for you is after clicking the button. You probably won't notice it much. I'll post the update shortly.

I agree the site should have this feature built-in. It must be a strategic move on their part. Something about that intermediate page is important to them. They want to show you more content that will keep you on their site. Plus they can use that page for monetization later on.

Thanks again for the feedback.

ifuguAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-07-08

Grab the new version. I think you'll prefer it. The waiting happens after you click instead of before. Feels more natural.

§
Posted: 2014-10-01

Thanks for this! I literally said "oooohhh" out loud when I saw it. Please keep it up, we may be few but we're grateful!

ifuguAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-10-03

@Summer Thanks for your comment. :) Makes it worthwhile. If you use Chrome, you may prefer the extension I made that does the same thing: Pinterest Direct.

Also, I'm thinking of making it so that you can click anywhere on the thumbnail image on the pin in order to get to the source page. Would you like that?

Sign in to post a reply.