Youtube - Search While Watching Video

Search YouTube without interrupting the video, by loading the search results in the related video bar

< Feedback on Youtube - Search While Watching Video

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020-10-10

Can you add something which signal visually, that the search bar is controlled by your script?
And maybe a function to clear the search input ?
I know, it's not vital, but...
;-)

CptmathixAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-10-12

Hey decembre,

Can you add something which signal visually, that the search bar is controlled by your script?

I don't think I will do that, when someone installs my script they know that already.

And maybe a function to clear the search input ?

This is already available, just clear your input field (or use the cross in Chrome). That's the reason why when you focus the input field everything is already selected for easy deletion.

§

- I don't think I will do that, when someone installs my script they know that already.:
Yes, but when i test many of youtube tweak it should be useful for me
;-)
Maybe add just a class to the search field (like that i can use CSS on it...

- That's the reason why when you focus the input field everything is already selected for easy deletion.:
OK, that's fine and simple.

CptmathixAuthor
§

> Maybe add just a class to the search field (like that i can use CSS on it...

I already did:

#suggestions-search {
your: css;
}

§

When i search:
#suggestions-search
with your script disable , it match the same search field than when your script enable...

No difference.

CptmathixAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-10-26

Hey decembre,

My script creates the #suggestions-search element. What you are telling me is impossible since my script wouldn't even work if another item had the same id.
Please check again (also make sure that you don't use both Youtube Play Next Queue and Youtube Search While Watching Video, they both use the same code)

§

Ha... yes i use too "YouTube Play Next Queue".
Maybe add a specific class for one?

CptmathixAuthor
§

Why should I, do you need it for something? Youtube Play Next Queue literally contains Search While Watching Video. You don't need to run both.
If I change the search script, I copy paste it inside the queue script.

§

Ha interesting info:
both very useful!
You should notice that in "Youtube - Search While Watching Video"...

As i said that' just to make a CSS tweak to add somethink which remind to me this possibility to search.
I test many Userscripts...
But if that's the same CSS selector for the same function, that's perfect for me!
Thanks a lot...

CptmathixAuthor
§

Yes it is the exact same code. If you ever need a separate css class or id for any reason, let me know.

Sign in to post a reply.