Youtube Play Next Queue

Don't like the youtube autoplay suggestion? This script can create a queue with videos you want to play after your current video has finished!

< Feedback on Youtube Play Next Queue

Question/comment

nqs
§
Posted: 2019-06-27

Feature requests

Loving this script, but a trio of requests:

First, sometimes I want to watch to end of the video, then stop. There doesn't seem to be a stop or pause function. Can you add one?

Second, sometimes I get duplicates. could those be automatically filtered out?

Last, can we have a way to manually inject a list of video URLs into the queue? I've been manually moving 3K worth of videos from 'watch later' to queue, and be nice if there was a way to speed that up.

Thanks for great script!

CptmathixAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-06-27

Hey Joe Dufresne,

Thank you for using and liking my script.

I'm currently reworking the script so that it will also work for the modern youtube layout. I'll take a look at your requests:

1) I'll try to keep autoplay intact, this way you'll be able to watch to the end of the video but keep the next ones.

2) This should be easy enough

3) I'm not sure if I'll be able to consider this request. Is there a reason why you don't use the 'watch later' playlist feature?

nqs
§
Posted: 2019-06-28

Thanks.

The main reason I have been transitioning from watch later to your queue is that watch later doesn't automatically remove watched from the queue. Last time I clicked to 'removed watched' in the playlist, it deleted over 1000 entries, with no way for me to make any verification I had actually seen them.

Since half or more of the list is stuff like news or podcasts, and won't be moved to a playlist for future reference, your queue is much easier.

Perhaps there is a script that will assist in managing playlists. I'll have to STFW.

Joe

CptmathixAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-07-10
Edited: 2019-07-10

I've released a new version of the script, I've implemented your request except for the watch later queue. I'm not going to implement that since it would change the scope of this script + it is pretty difficult to implement.

You can however use the miniplayer in modern youtube and go to your watch later list to easily add videos to the queue.

Please report any issues with the new script version. Major update = new bugs :)

Enjoy!

Sign in to post a reply.