Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Feedback on Netflix - subtitle downloader

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted:
Im using this script for a year, i live in greece and i download subtitles from netflix very often... Its been some days now that i see the download options but nothing happens when i click them...I tried uninstall and reintsall both chrome and script but still nothing.. I also tried to download subtitles from series that I have already download their subtitles in the past and still nothing so there arent the series which have the problem.. Im depserated because i want to download some subtitles but its been 7 days im trying and I cant :(
§
Posted:

I'll just copy paste my comment from another thread that you commented on but didn't read:

Try opening the console (F12, console tab) and see if there's any error after you click the download button. I just tested on Stranger Things and was able to download all subs without any problem.

And yes, I tested it again and still works.

§
Posted:
Yes and i get that error and i dont know hwat it is or how to fix it

Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: JSZip is not defined
at HTMLLIElement.downloadThis (eval at buildCode (81001036:1), :226:16)
§
Posted:

See, that tells me something now. This UserScript uses two external scripts:

  • JSZip for creating an .zip file with all subs:

    // @require     https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/Stuk/jszip@579beb1d45c8d586d8be4411d5b2e48dea018c06/dist/jszip.min.js?version=3.1.5
    
  • FileSaver (saveAs function) for actually saving the file:

    // @require     https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/eligrey/FileSaver.js@283f438c31776b622670be002caf1986c40ce90c/dist/FileSaver.min.js?version=2018-12-29
    

For some reason JSZip (or both) isn't loaded for you. This could be because of some browser add-on (but you said you reinstalled the Chrome so I assume you tested it with just Tampermonkey) or firewall/anti-virus/your ISP blocking it for whatever reason. Try opening those links:
https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/Stuk/jszip@579beb1d45c8d586d8be4411d5b2e48dea018c06/dist/jszip.min.js?version=3.1.5
https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/eligrey/FileSaver.js@283f438c31776b622670be002caf1986c40ce90c/dist/FileSaver.min.js?version=2018-12-29

If you can't open them - try finding out what blocks them. And once you can - reinstall the script.

§
Posted:
I open those links and they open corrctly i think, i see both script texts..is it right? Also i tried tampermonkey at firefox and still the same problem
§
Posted:

Tested on Firefox+Tampermonkey, still works fine. There's definitely something on your end. Open Tampermonkey dashboard. In "Features" column there should be 3 icons for my script. Click on the first one (the only clickable icon). What do you see there?

§
Posted:
I see this in the picture below, nothing is clickable
§
Posted:

This doesn't make any sense. Your Tampermonkey downloaded those scripts so it should load them fine. I can't help you with that one, there's nothing wrong with my script. Have you tried using a different add-on for UserScripts? Greasemonkey (FF only) or Violentmonkey? I don't know, maybe your anti-virus installs some add-on that messes it up?

As a workaround (bad workaround, it will revert the changes if you update the script) you could open those links I sent, select all text, copy it, edit this UserScript in Tampermonkey and paste the text you copied above this line:

class ProgressBar {
§
Posted:
I tried violentmonkey too but nothing happened.. the crazy at all this, is that i used the source for a years and suddenly i cant and i tried so many different ways to fix this
§
Posted:
you said "Your Tampermonkey downloaded those scripts so it should load them fine. "/// how should to load them? when i open the links i only see text files with html source nothing loads to "work"
§
Posted:

You don't load them, Tampermonkey does. It downloads them when you install my UserScript and loads them every time my UserScript runs (so when you open a Netflix website). And if you compare your screenshot to mine you can see that the size is the same so Tampermonkey downloaded both scripts. I have no idea why it doesn't load them. This has nothing to do with my script.

I've tried Firefox+Greasemonkey, Firefox+Tampermonkey and Chrome+Tampermonkey. It works fine. It's not my UserScript's problem. It's not a browser's problem. It's not an add-on's problem. You either changed some settings in your browser or your anti-virus did. Or a virus, I don't know. Just give it a try on another PC.

Post reply

Sign in to post a reply.