Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Feedback on Youtube HD

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2021-06-09
60FPS videos. Any way to add a way to handle them? 30FPS works at 1080 but as soon as I watch a 1080 video with 60FPS it starts to stutter. Any way to have a feature added that if the video is 60FPS to switch to a lower resolution? 720 and 60FPS works fine.

The logic would be:

My default resolution would be 1080-30FPS. If it detects a video that is 1080-60FPS it would lower the resolution to 720-60FPS.

Doable?
adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-06-13
Sorry for the late reply. This is a feature that I myself would find useful. But I don't think there is currently a good way to get a video's framerate which I think is why I never bothered to add it. But even if there isn't a good way, it is still doable. I think I'll add this feature, but it will probably be more fragile to youtube internal changes than the others. I'll try to find some time during this week to add it. Thank you for your suggestion.
§
Posted: 2021-06-13
Thanks for the quick reply! Awesome to hear that you can put it into the code.
adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-06-16
I've updated the script to 2021.06.16 which adds a feature to set a separate resolution for high framerate video. Can you update and try it out to let me know if it works for you?
§
Posted: 2021-07-16
Perfect implementation on how to apply the alternate setting. Thank you for jumping on this so quick. Apologies for not checking until now as I see you added this right away.

Good and bad news from my testing.

Good news: When you click a link in YouTube and open it within the same tab, it works as expected. Switches to 720/60FPS. So in essence, yes it does what is needed without issue.

Bad news: If you open the link in a new tab instead, it does not apply the settings when you switch to that tab and the video automatically starts.

The way I use YouTube on my media box is I open a bunch of tabs by Ctrl+clicking the links from my recommendations and then close each tab as the video finishes (as I can do it with a voice command). If there is any way possible to get it working on new tabs, I would very much appreciate it!!!

Sign in to post a reply.