Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Feedback on Youtube HD

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020-09-23
Edited: 2020-09-28

Hello, first of all very good addon, works well. The only bug I have noticed is using the auto theatre mode on a video that is labeled "This video may be inappropriate for some users." It will resize to theatre and the button to accept that notification will be removed. Blocking me from watching.

adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-09-24

I found a video with a "Age-restricted video" notice which gets me a screen saying "This video may be inappropriate for some users" prompting me to sign in, but the sign in button is present and working with auto theater mode enabled. When opening the video while signed in, I don't get any message. So I can't reproduce this.

Can you give me some additional information to help me trigger the problem? It would be helpful to know what operating system, browser, and user-script manager you are using as well as what script settings you have set in addition to the auto theater mode. If you have any other youtube related extensions or user-scripts, they might be helpful to mention as well.

§
Posted: 2020-09-24

Macos, chrome, tampermonkey, no other youtube related scripts installed, have 1080p enabled. I am signed in. The problem occurs with "This video may be inappropriate for some users." Im not sure if thats the same as age restricted. I have attatched said video. (warning its a c-section video sorry couldnt find anything else) The video shows briefly in normal mode with a black backround and option to click "i understand" then it resizes and goes to a grey backround with no buttons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSY0grQt1_g&lc

adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-09-25
Edited: 2020-09-25

Thanks for giving me the example video link. I can indeed reproduce the issue with that one. I've actually just pushed an update that should fix the problem. Can you please give it a test with 2020.09.24 and confirm that it works now?

For anyone curious, the issue is that youtube has two "error" screens. One of them has a button, and one of them is the grey one without it that is problematic. I'm guessing the "wrong" one is an older version or a fallback of some sorts. The issue appears because when youtube enables theater mode, it does some page layout changes that just happen to move the order of the elements which causes the "wrong" one to get a higher rendering priority putting it on top instead of behind. They probably never noticed this is an issue because youtube normally doesn't let you change theater mode state while on the error screen. So I had to add a style to work around the layout mangling youtube does.

§

You are a foreigner?

§

works now thanks

adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-09-26

I'm glad to hear that fixed the mentioned issue. However, I noticed you left the review as yellow "OK". Does this mean there are additional issues you are still having with the script?

§
Posted: 2020-09-28

no, my bad

Sign in to post a reply.