RARBG - torrent and magnet links

Adds a column with torrent and magnet links in RARBG lists

< Feedback on RARBG - torrent and magnet links

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2020-05-09
Edited: 2020-05-09

Question from fellow GreasyFork author regarding XMLHttpRequest

I completed work on a similar feature for my script when I noticed RARBG bans my IP for two hours. Even after switching to another IP via VPN, the ban reappears after just one refresh. RARBG treats the XMLHttpRequest call to each torrent's detail page as a single hit. According to their ban page, an IP gets banned if it makes 10-hits in a second. So my question is, how did you create your script not to cause an IP ban? Thank you for any insights you can provide.

darkredAuthor
§
Edited: 2020-05-09

Hi there

My script makes only 1 request each time, only after I click the DL/ML link. The same applies to my other RARBG related script: 'RARBG - various tweaks' that also makes xhr.

Your script makes too many requests. If I enable your script's "Torrent Images" option and just load https://rarbgproxy.org/torrents.php, i.e. 1 page,
I see in Networks devtool that there are 25 requests being done at once, each for each torrent row!

This doesn't have to do with XMLHttpRequest/GM_xmlhttpRequest/fetch or anything. In the script's current form, I'm afraid that the ban is unavoidable, after browsing just 1-2 torrent listing pages.

What I'd suggest regarding your "Torrent Images" option, is only getting each torrent image when reaching each torrent row in the viewport: in my 1920x1200 monitor there are 4-5 torrent rows visible initially, therefore you'll initially need only those 4-5 torrent images, that's much less than getting all 25 at once.

These links might be useful for you:

Lastly, by the way, I'd like to make a request regarding your 'RARBG Advanced Filters' script, please:
when searching a torrent by imdb, e.g. https://rarbgproxy.org/torrents.php?imdb=tt0448115, it moves/joins the: "Actors", "Languages", "Country" and "Directed by" rows, next to the "Title" row: Initially:
With your script:
I use your script in combination with mine RARBG - various tweaks, which -among other things- rearranges the rows in such pages, and this thing causes confusion to me, about which script has made this change in the page.

So, would it be ok for you if the script didn't modify those rows?

§

Thanks for all your excellent suggestions. Adding them to my list of things to update, including the imdb search results.

darkredAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-05-10

I'm glad !

§
Posted: 2020-05-11
Edited: 2020-05-11

I've installed your script so that changes I make can play nice with yours. Would your mind if I used you RegEx domain match?

darkredAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-05-11
Edited: 2020-05-11

Of course not, please do so!

§
Posted: 2020-05-16

Hi. I've fixed the IMDB search formatting issue. The latest version is posted.

darkredAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-05-16

Thank you!

§
Posted: 2021-02-15
Hi, friend. Latest version of my script (1.61) added support to switch between grid and list. I've included support for your torrent and magnet links, if the user has it installed.
darkredAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-02-15

Thanks a lot for letting me know, dear friend! Very kind of you! I'm glad you added support.

Sign in to post a reply.