JR Mturk Panda Crazy Helper

A script add on for Panda Crazy sending commands to main script.

< Feedback on JR Mturk Panda Crazy Helper

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-12-12

Buttons when the Hit is no longer available on New Worker site

No problem seeing the buttons for Hits that are available on the site to PandA, but when the hit is gone, there's no button like there used to be so we can PandA a Hit for catching in the future. Any way of fixing that?

Deleted user 61796
§
Posted: 2017-12-13

Yep, just noticed this too.

JohnnyRSAuthor
§

That is a mturk problem because they redirect it to a requester search page if the hit is not available. Because of this the script can't figure out the group id that you were looking for. Have to grab the url before clicking on it and set a panda for it for now. Hope this will get changed in the future or I find a way around this.

Deleted user 61796
§

This new worker site is gonna screw up our scripts so bad, lol.

§
Posted: 2017-12-17

Hi I was wondering if this script could be modified, perhaps we could set a list of domains to set this option on, but if a given page (say Turkerhub etc) has a PANDA link, display a button next to the panda link to add to Panda Crazy? This is something I have wanted for a while anyway because instead of clicking on panda link, HIT not found, click on button to add to PandaCrazy, you could just click a button next to a Panda link on Turkerhub etc itself.

JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-12-17

Already thinking about doing that but it's not as easy as modifying the script to accept other domains. That is a browser security feature. Scripts can only send messages to other scripts on the same domain name. The only way around this is to have Panda Crazy actually open the forums in a window and then it is allowed to send messages from that window. I thought about this when I started the script but thought it would be too confusing to always have to open forums from Panda Crazy script buttons but if mturk doesn't change that redirection I might have to do this and let people decide if it's useful or too confusing.

§
Posted: 2017-12-18

Oh, that makes sense. Could something be done for example, the button on forums/etc would link to somewhere on MTurk.com with a parameter (much like Panda crazy itself is https://www.mturk.com/?pandacrazy=on) and then a script would be set to catch that link and provide a button that links into mturk there? Like say I had a helper script that inserts a small Panda Crazy link (not a button, just the link) next to a panda url that would go to https://www.mturk.com/?panda=pandaid , and on that URL you could have a setup to make the button and add the hit there?

§
Posted: 2017-12-18
That is a mturk problem because they redirect it to a requester search page if the hit is not available. Because of this the script can't figure out the group id that you were looking for. Have to grab the url before clicking on it and set a panda for it for now. Hope this will get changed in the future or I find a way around this.

Please fix it and update the script as buttons not showing in Preview and accept page when there is no hit.

§
Posted: 2018-01-07

MTS is able to have Panda buttons on hits that are no longer available. Maybe you can talk to that script author and figure out how to add the buttons on hits that are no longer available? I really miss this option and have to run MTS just to get the Hit ID to set a panda in PC.

JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-01-07

I already have it working when clicking on panda links from forums and from mturk worker site. It can only do it when it can grab the previous url. Can't grab it from extensions.

§
Posted: 2018-01-08
I already have it working when clicking on panda links from forums and from mturk worker site. It can only do it when it can grab the previous url. Can't grab it from extensions.

Any updates?

JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-01-08

It's already updated and working if hit is clicked on forums or on worker.mturk.com site. Won't work from extensions because it's not allowed to work on extension pages by the browser.

Deleted user 61796
§
Posted: 2018-01-12

I clicked on a panda from mturkcrowd forum and I don't see options.

Sign in to post a reply.