Bypass paywalls for scientific documents

Bypass paywalls for scientific documents by downloading them from sci-hub instead of paying something like 50 bucks for each paper. This script adds download buttons on Google Scholar, Scopus and Web Of Science, which lead to sci-hub.tw. In this way you can get free access to scientific papers even if you (or your university) can't afford their prices.

< Feedback on Bypass paywalls for scientific documents

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-06-11

Links unclickable on scholar.google.de

Hey,

unfortunately all the Full Text on Sci-Hub links don't work. They have a different hover color, but cursor is like hovering plain text.

Console error says CSP: The preferences of this page have blocked loading a resource on self

Script version 3.1.1 Firefox version 60.0.2 (64-bit)

Maybe you can have a look on it.

Greets, graphen

StephenPAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-06-14
Edited: 2018-06-14

Hi, I also have Firefox 60.0.2 (64 bit), and I can't reproduce this bug. I think it might be related to the onclick attribute I used to open the link in a new page instead of the same page. Here is some documentation about how some CSP setings don't allow executing inline scripts such as onclick functions: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy/script-src I replaced the onclick with an event listener: see if it works for you. Best regards, Stefano

§

Thank you, now it works! There are still errors in console but who cares if it works :-)

Only thing - maybe you could add the cursor style to be a hand pointer. Currently it's the one for selecting text which is a bit irritating.

Greets, graphen

StephenPAuthor
§

I'll try to do it! Are those errors still related to CSP on my script? I replaced onclick with eventlistener in the whole script in version 3.1.3, but the other instances were on Scopus and WOK code.

§

Are those errors still related to CSP on my script?

Did some debugging: No, it's related to uBlock Origin and google scholar itself.

§

I'll try to do it!

I think a creatingElement.style.cursor = "pointer"; should be enough.

StephenPAuthor
§
Edited: 2018-06-14

Done! Check version 3.1.4 B)

§

nice, thank you!

Sign in to post a reply.