JR Mturk Panda Crazy

Collects panda's for you at a certain cycle instead of timers. Lot of organizing of panda's and grouping them together to start and stop them at once.

< Feedback on JR Mturk Panda Crazy

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-02-01
Edited: 2018-02-01

API Questions

Hey, I have a couple questions about PC's "API".

• addJob commands don't use all of the info passed from jobData. friendlyTitle is all I need to use but it looks like there are other properties that are ignored.
  • Are you planning on implementing the externalrun and other external script commands? It would be a great addition but I imagine it's nowhere near the top of your TODO list. Any thoughts on how it would work internally?
JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-02-02

I can allow more data from jobData to be passed. At the beginning I was just accepting group id and then added more once I realized it could be useful. More data can be useful now too.

The externalrun command was going to be a way for people to make scripts and add it just like a job so the script can tell that script when to send a request. It was supposed to help with the PRE problem on the old site. I was thinking like hit scraper or hit finder would just be added in the cycle queue. But with the new site the pre's seem to be very different. A request for a search doesn't seem to affect a request for a panda. I'm running Panda Crazy with 1 second cycle timer and overwatch with a 2 second timer. Out of the whole day I got 1 PRE. That happens when I run hit finder with PC too.

Now I did think about using externalrun command for a filter script like was working for ibotta hits. Not sure if it will work exactly what I am thinking it would in my mind but maybe in the future I can do it. I personally think startcollect command is very powerful if used correctly.

§
Posted: 2018-02-02

Using more data from jobData would be greatly appreciated. I've been taking advantage of the url you added to the helper script to add HITs (for adding HITs to PC from forum work threads).

That makes sense about externalrun and PREs. I was thinking of doing like you said and have hit scraper added to the queue.

On a related note to PREs: Does it seem like PREs are HIT-specific or something like that? It seems that way to me but you deal with them more than I do. I was thinking if PREs are more per-HIT than global that PC's cycler might be better adding time to the HIT's timer that caused the PRE.

What does/will startcollect do? Does it start a watcher, the same is clicking Collect?

I can make do without friendlyTitle (by using the actual title but that's fine) and it looks like I don't need externalrun. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-02-10
On a related note to PREs: Does it seem like PREs are HIT-specific or something like that? It seems that way to me but you deal with them more than I do. I was thinking if PREs are more per-HIT than global that PC's cycler might be better adding time to the HIT's timer that caused the PRE.

What does/will startcollect do? Does it start a watcher, the same is clicking Collect?

PRE's are a bit different on the new site. Not sure if it's hit specific. It may depend on if a hit is throttled or not. I was running a few hits at around 700ms with no PRE's and then suddenly got pre's. Could be watching how many requests are being sent on the same hits and then individually send pre's after a certain amount of time.

I have noticed that trying to collect hits and checking queue or searching are on different pre's. I have my queue watch timer at 3 seconds with no pre's all day. I even had it set up at 1 second with no pre's. I also used overwatch with a 2 second timer and PC with a 1 second timer with no pre's all day or small amounts due to goham use. I would have to do a lot of research to even think about changing things around in PC with the timers. The only thing I did was remove the queue timer from the cycle queue with the new site. I also recently have search jobs instantly try to grab a hit instead of waiting around for the cycle timer.

Yes startcollect allows another script to start a job if it already has it or add a job and start collecting. Only saw one script who used it so I added a few more things to it.

Sign in to post a reply.