JR Mturk Panda Crazy

Collects panda's for you at a certain cycle instead of timers. Lot of organizing of panda's and grouping them together to start and stop them at once.

< Feedback on JR Mturk Panda Crazy

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-01-13

Still getting he HEY message!

So I updated to the latest version of PC and started using a separate window in Chrome, but the notification still endless appears. Am I missing something? I've been working with this notification for almost 2 days now and it's taking a toll on me!

JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-01-14

The 0.5.16 version is actually calculating a timer set at 500ms. If it takes over 900ms then something is wrong. Make sure the script is in a window and left alone. No other tabs are being opened in it. Don't minimize it. Work in another window. It could be your computer that's causing this problem too. I am thinking slower computers that are doing a lot in the background could be causing it.

The last version had a problem because I was using the same timer as collecting hits so catching a hit might cause it to slow down too much. Even if it is throttling timers it should only warn you once though. What browser are you using? Chrome seems to be working and Firefox works okay as well. For now if it still does it you might have to just minimize and ignore the warning. It will still run and collect hits but at a slower rate. Later I'll be adding an option to not warn anymore.

If your browser isn't throttling then the elapsed time at the top should stay steady around the cycle time you have set. If it keeps on going up and down with big differences, (1000ms-1500ms), then the browser is doing something to it. Check for viruses, any malwares or bad browser extensions. I believe this year chrome might stop running background tabs so I felt I needed to make people aware of this before any changes like that.

§
Edited: 2018-01-14

How do I turn off this Hey nonsense? I have it opened in its own browser in its own monitor and still it yells HEY at me. This has never happened before and frankly I dont care about the reason, I just want it to stop!!

§

im choosing to just mute the tab completely. and have another extension (turkmaster) alert me of HITS. i love panda crazy to death but if my computer tells me "hey" one more time i'm going to throw it out a window.

§

The worst part is for some reason greasyfork doesnt let you downgrade anymore, so I had to copy the old version line by line and paste it into tampermonkey. Im all for updates, but unnecessary ones that harm functionality No Thanks! I have never had a problem with this script before tonight when it updated. I know how to run it and why it has to be in its own tab/browser, I just dont understand why it is necessary to have it shout "HEY" at me for no DAMN reason!

JohnnyRSAuthor
§

There was a reason. Chrome will be disabling background tabs probably this year and I have had so many people not read the instructions and use it in a tab. So I had to come up with a way to explain that it should be in a window of it's own. I tried to have the script detect when it's being limited by the browser. It's not accurate for everyone for some reason. So now you can disable it in the options if it's not working but just know the timers are being limited for some reason. Browsers are changing this not me so I am just trying to get ahead of these upcoming changes and make sure the script will still run for everyone.

§

I don't mind the "Hey". I do however mind it telling me that it has to be in its own window without tabs when I click a link that it gives me. I like the option of clicking "continue work" to take me to my hit. But if it's not going to let me do that without giving me that warning over and over again then why is the link still there???

JohnnyRSAuthor
§

The continue work link is supposed to open a new window. If the browser doesn't allow pop ups then a script can't force it and it opens a tab. Some browsers will ignore scripts trying to open a new window too. I tried to make it work for chrome and firefox which seems to work for most people so that's why I left it in there.

JohnnyRSAuthor
§

Also you can push shift and click on the link to force a link to open in a new window if the browser defaults it to a tab.

§
The continue work link is supposed to open a new window. If the browser doesn't allow pop ups then a script can't force it and it opens a tab. Some browsers will ignore scripts trying to open a new window too. I tried to make it work for chrome and firefox which seems to work for most people so that's why I left it in there.

the continue work link is working correctly and opening up a new window. However, it is still telling me it needs its own tab. I am using chrome

Sign in to post a reply.