JR Mturk Panda Crazy

Collects panda's for you at a certain cycle instead of timers. Lot of organizing of panda's and grouping them together to start and stop them at once.

< Feedback on JR Mturk Panda Crazy

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-01-12
Edited: 2018-01-12

The new update scared me, XD.

You should've added a long notification instead of just 'hey'. It took 2-3 minutes figure out where it's coming from. I figured out after reading update notes here (accidentally closed update notes when I reloaded).

JohnnyRSAuthor
§

I wasn't sure it would detect it or have a false detection so didn't want a long speech. I had the explanation in notifications but I didn't realize that some have disabled notifications so that was a problem. It detects well but it also goes off on minimized windows which doesn't limit the timers so next update I'll have a new way and will make the speech explain a bit more.

§

Thanks for the quick reply, that's just my experience and I just wanted to let you know. I don't think it'd be a problem once we know what it is. :wink:

§

How do you disable the "hey" message?? I've been forced to listen to it all morning and it's driving me crazy! lol. Also, I keep using a separate window in chrome but the it still continues to notify me that a separate window is required!

§
Edited: 2018-01-12

I didn't disable it, I'm just running it in a separate window.

JohnnyRSAuthor
§

If it's still notifying you then you don't have it in a separate window. There should be no TABS in the window that you have Panda Crazy running in. Use another window to work in and leave the Panda Crazy window under all the other windows.

§
Posted: 2018-01-13
Edited: 2018-01-13

Sorry to bother you again, after the new update, I'm getting that "script needs to be _" notification (a) whenever it accepts a HIT from PandA or (b) whenever a HIT reaches the minimum time limit or (c) whenever I switched back and forth to PC and main window. I think it'll give that alert followed by any other notification too, but I didn't check it yet. I've no problem with the previous version.

Thank you so much for your time. :smile:

JohnnyRSAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-01-13

There's a new update that might fix this problem.

§
Posted: 2018-01-14
Edited: 2018-01-14

Same problem with the new update too. I'm running it in a separate window with no tabs and I didn't minimize it. Still, getting that notification followed by every other notification.

Just FYI, I edited timers a few times to avoid more PREs. After few different trials, I set them back to 980ms and 650ms. Lowered Queue watcher to 20000ms and Queue watch alert to 30000ms. They are still same after all these updates. Should they need to change automatically? Or Do I need to change them manually? My PC has an i3 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and I'm running OS on an SSD. I don't think it's a slow PC either.

I'm feeling stupid. What am I missing? I'll go through settings and help articles once again in the meantime. Thank you.

JohnnyRSAuthor
§

The cycle timers aren't the problem. The script runs it's own timer that is under 10ms to make sure it is handling all the jobs correctly and does some maintenance. I did this to make sure it can change modes and start jobs whenever the user wanted. Once it reaches the cycle timer you set then it does a request.

Seems like it's not the computer but it won't hurt to check for viruses, malware and any weird extensions that could be using a lot of resources. A good test is to set the cycle timer to 1000ms. Add a tab or minimize the script. Wait about 10 seconds and then go back to the script window. If the elapsed timer at the top is around 1000ms when you first get to the page then it may not be a problem for you. If it's close to 2000ms that first time you see then it is limiting the timers when it's not focused.

But anyway I just updated the script a bit ago to add an option to disable the warning for people who are having problems. Don't feel stupid because this is not things people usually would know so I wanted to be sure people are aware of what is happening.

§

Thank you so much, and I really appreciate your patience.

§
Posted: 2018-01-15

I haven´t been able to run my Panda. :( since Mturk change its platform.

Sign in to post a reply.