Resize YT To Window Size

Moves the YouTube video to the top of the website and fill the window with the video player.

< Feedback on Resize YT To Window Size

Review: Good - script works

Deleted user 128
§
Posted: 2015-11-24
Edited: 2015-11-25

Progress bar and controls width issue with latest YouTube mofification (FIXED)

I've just noticed a YouTube modification to its progress bar and controls which handicaps this script as it blocks the Progress Bar (or whatever the name) to a default smaller width (full-screen not concerned of course).

For the time being I've added a css line for Youtube.com which displays the bar almost correctly on a 1600px width screen :
.ytp-chrome-controls, .ytp-chrome-bottom {width: 98% !important;}

Not a big issue, slightly bothering, in YouTube's odyssey to always change one thing or another in their hyper complicated page layouts ...

ZrenAuthor
§
Edited: 2015-11-24

FML. I forgot use use one of my variables rather than a hardcoded value. Ah well. v71 should fix it.

Deleted user 128
§

Version 71 fixes it, thanks :smiley:

§
Posted: 2015-12-13

Hi Zren, I hate to be a bearer of bad news but v72 breaks it again.

Deleted user 128
§

Confirmed, 72 breaks it again here as well. Back to 71.

ZrenAuthor
§

I disabled it on purpose since I thought it was breaking Youtube altogether. Clicking next on a playlist would not load the comments and broke all the buttons in the player. Apparently I didn't test Youtube without my script enabled enough since it's still breaking by itself for some reason. v73 reenables it.

Deleted user 128
§
Edited: 2015-12-13

73 fixes it :smiley:
I hadn't been in the situation to realize that "clicking next on a playlist would not load the comments and broke all the buttons in the player."
Wow, this is the quickest developer reply & fix I've seen up to now!
Thanks, Zren

I'm on v74 and I'm having this problem.
The progress bar and controls don't stretch until I click the video.

ZrenAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-12-19

Yeah, it's a bit annoying. It doesn't happen every single time which makes testing a bleeding pain. Too tired to finish this right now so leaving my notes here to finish later:

• I can break on .ytp-chrome-bottom attribute modification to jump right to the function I need to call.
  • ytwp.html5.app.P('resize') works, so I need to do another func.toString() check, or find a way to trigger it using a spoofed native browser event. Dispatch a resize event maybe?
ZrenAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-12-20

v75 should fix this.

Deleted user 128
§
Posted: 2015-12-20

Resize YT To Window Size v75 successful here : YT video screen displayed the progress bar in full length before the video actually started.
"Houston, we no longer have a problem" :smiley: (even if it wasn't a critical one).

Sign in to post a reply.