Automail

Extra parts for Anilist.co

< Feedback on Automail

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2019-09-27

Feature request

I would like to request a couple features. The first would be something like a switch to turn on/off the whole script with one press, so that you don't have to deactivate it in your script manager if you switch often between using it and and not using it. The other would be some kind of recommendation system that automatically recommends similar anime on the bottom of the page of any anime maybe even based on the tags. But whether or not you implement these features, thank you for the script. :smile:

hohAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-09-28

Switching the script on and off in the userscript manager is two clicks. Not a priority. May I ask why you have to switch often? That may be something I can fix.

After some initial research, I have concluded that automatic recs are not good enough to be reliable. Recs thus require user data, and the userscript can't do that due to its distributed nature. In the mean time, there's an option that adds recs from MAL. Recs are also on the Anilist native roadmap.

§

I like a few features of the script but I also like the default look of the site so I turn it on every time I want to use a feature and turn it off again afterwards.

I have read about the MAL recs, but I did not find where to activate it. 😕

hohAuthor
§

You can change the settings here: https://anilist.co/settings/apps The MAL recs should be 3rd from the top if you click the "media" tab.

If you don't like the look of the script, you can turn that off at the very bottom of the site ("Alternative browse mode"). That would leave most features active, while the site looks mostly normal.

Sign in to post a reply.