Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2019-06-26

Is it possible to disable script on Google image searches only?

I'm wondering if it is possible to use the script to block results in regular Google text searches but not block results that come up in image searches? I'm not particularly code-savvy, so forgive me if I overlooked something.

§
Posted: 2019-06-27

Hi Heather, currently, there isn't a built-in option for that, sorry. What you could do is add a "user exclude" for some text in the URL, which is unique to Google Image Search, as far as I know:

*tbm=isch*

I'm attaching a screenshot of where you enter that on Violentmonkey. I think Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey probably are similar. Let me know how it works for you.

§

Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you suggested, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Here's a screenshot from Tampermonkey:

And here's a screenshot from an image search that shows results from Pinterest (the specific site I'd like to see image results for) are still being grayed out:

§

Hi Heather, I checked Tampermonkey in Chrome and it seems to require a fuller address:

https://www.google.com/*tbm=isch*

You can select the current exclude, click Edit, replace that, and save it. Then when you reload image search the script should not be applied to the page.

§
Posted: 2019-06-28

That worked perfectly! Thanks so much for your help :smile: .

Sign in to post a reply.