Turkmaster (Mturk)

A page-monitoring web app for Mturk (Mechanical Turk) designed to make turking more efficient. Easily monitor mturk search pages and requesters and Auto-Accept the HITs you missed.

< Feedback on Turkmaster (Mturk)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-08-04
Edited: 2015-08-04

Guide: How to Change Defaults : Watcher settings and Watcher Warning Colors

When setting up a watcher to set the defaults you can go to line 446 of the script and there will be the options to change the default time, if it’s an auto watcher, to alert you or to stop on catch. I really wanted to change the default time setting away from 60.

The other thing is if you want to change the default watcher color box that indicates when a watcher has found something. Lines 1278 and 1279 change the color defaults, you’ll need to change both areas that I’ve marked with X’s with the correct color codes. I wanted to do this because it’s sometimes hard for me to see if my laptop screen isn’t tilted enough which watcher found something.

#dispatcher .watcher.running .details { background-color: #XXXXXX; background-color: rgba(X,XX,XX,XX); }\

#dispatcher .watcher.updated { background-color: #XXXXX; background-color: rgba(XXX, XXX, XXX, X) }\

Hope this helps anyone else who was looking to change some of the defaults. :)

DonovanMAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-08-08

Thanks for posting this tip.

What color are you using for updated watchers? I need to change the default since it's hard to notice on some monitors. It looks perfectly fine on my monitor so I'm looking for suggestions.

§

I ended up going with "#006265" for just the non alert color and left the alert color the same but I'm a big fan of dark turquoise. I think it might be a little too solid a color for most and to mesh with the rest of the colors; but if you went with a slightly lighter version it would look nice, or a slightly darker blue tone compared to the standard it would work great.

DonovanMAuthor
§

Yeah, the dark turquoise was a little too harsh but a lighter one looked pretty good. I think I'm going to change both colors just to make things stand out more.

Eventually it'll be better to add an options menu for that and hopefully a colorpicker widget of some sort if I find a lightweight one somewhere. That's far off in the future though so I don't want to make too many promises haha.

§

I think that will look good.

After knowing what lines the settings are on it's pretty easy to change up, it just took me awhile to figure out the color one since I didn't realize I could just use my browsers right click "inspect element" button to find it right away.

Most people who are inclined will just use the line code, I think it'd be easier to just add the instructions to the download page for now :)

Side question: is there a reason it will stop refreshing the watchers occasionally? I notice it more when I have too many watchers set for small periods of time, does it stop when it hits a 'too many page requests' error page from mturk or is there something else causing it?

DonovanMAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-08-09

It shouldn't stop from encountering a "too many page requests" error. It will stop if Mturk logs you off although that isn't intentional. Also, if a watcher encounters a captcha that specific watcher will stop, but that will change after the next update. I was actually implementing that since my last reply.

Since you have a lot of watchers on shorts intervals I'm thinking the catpchas are causing the issue. If you want to check out the newer version you can find it here. Just click the "Raw" button to install. In the settings there should be a new "Stop on Captcha" option.

§

Thanks for the heads up and answer I appreciate it.

DonovanMAuthor
§

Hey, no problem. Hope it resolves your issue.

§
Posted: 2015-08-13
When setting up a watcher to set the defaults you can go to line 446 of the script and there will be the options to change the default time, if it’s an auto watcher, to alert you or to stop on catch. I really wanted to change the default time setting away from 60

For anyone trying this after the August 12th update, this option is now on line 589 of the script. Still, thanks Geist, I wasn't aware we could change this!

Sign in to post a reply.