Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLVED] - Seems not working correctly with Chrome + Tampermonkey ?

About: Super_preloaderPlus_one_New
edited November 2018 in Script Discussions Firefox

Am i alone with this problem ??:

When i see the settings square for the first time on a site, i can:

• open the settings dialogue (popup)
  • change the setting to my taste and click "save"

But after the refresh of the page it is not possible to see the setting square...
and it is not possible to test an other setting.

I read your script description page which said Chrome is fine .
so, i delete it and reinstall it but i have always the same problem.

Have you an explanation?

Comments

• @decembre said:
    Am i alone with this problem ??:

When i see the settings square for the first time on a site, i can:

• open the settings dialogue (popup)
    • change the setting to my taste and click "save"

But after the refresh of the page it is not possible to see the setting square...
    and it is not possible to test an other setting.

I read your script description page which said Chrome is fine .
    so, i delete it and reinstall it but i have always the same problem.

Have you an explanation?

I have tested the latest version v6.5.51 with Chrome

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36

and Tampermonkey v4.7.

It works without problem. I think you should provide the following information to help me debug it.
    1. The version of chrome and tampermonkey you use
    2. If you disable all other scripts, does it work?
    3. Which setting did you change?
    4. Is there any error shown in the console (press F12) after you save the settings?

• edited October 2018 Chrome

Chrome Version 70.0.3538.67 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
    Tampermonkey version 4.7
    Win10

Tested on:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/bruno-decembre/favorites
    which work in Firefow / Waterfox 56.2.3

Not work after:

• Can't reproduce the setting changes (need find a site where the top/square setting appear) , yet i can't see it.
    • Disable all other scripts
    • Ublock Origin (enable/disable)
    • Install / reinstall your script

Console:
    userscript.html?id=3d412303-68af-463f-acf2-0dba8ebcdcd3:9553 Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: i is not defined
    at loadLocalSetting (userscript.html?id=3d412303-68af-463f-acf2-0dba8ebcdcd3:9553)
    at init (userscript.html?id=3d412303-68af-463f-acf2-0dba8ebcdcd3:9572)
    at Object.init (userscript.html?id=3d412303-68af-463f-acf2-0dba8ebcdcd3:7659)
    at eval (userscript.html?id=3d412303-68af-463f-acf2-0dba8ebcdcd3:7703)

• edited October 2018 Chrome

Tested on with Google Search (same with Yahoo search):

• settings square is present
    • change enable / use iframe
    • the square is gone...

Same error in console

• @decembre said:
    console log for yhaoo search..

I tried hard with Chrome/70.0.3538.67 but couldn't reproduce your problem. Can you try the following things and see if it works?
    1. Modify the code line 9377 from the original one for (i = 0, ii = savedValue.length; i < ii; i++) { to the following one for (var i = 0, ii = savedValue.length; i < ii; i++) {, basically, just add a var
    2. When the console shows error like search;_ylt=AwrJS9XLB8lb9TEALTdiAQx.;_ylc=X1MDMjExNDcxNjAwMgRfcgMyBGZyAwRncHJpZANZTmZRay5vb1RES0ZDX2VVS0hZT0xBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMxMARvcmlnaW4DZnIuc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMARwcXN0cgMEcHFzdHJsAwRxc3RybAM2BHF1ZXJ5A3NjcmlwdAR0X3N0bXADMTUzOTkwMTM5Ng--:1 HTTP-Based Public Key Pinning is deprecated. Chrome 69 and later will ignore HPKP response headers. (Host: s.yimg.com) userscript.html?id=3d412303-68af-463f-acf2-0dba8ebcdcd3:9553 Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: i is not defined at loadLocalSetting (userscript.html?id=3d412303-68af-463f-acf2-0dba8ebcdcd3:9553), can you click the link on the right and take a screenshot of the code which causes the error?

I'm not sure if the issue is due to language. Are you using French version of Chrome?

• edited October 2018 Firefox

I do the modification in the script and test it on Yahoo search.
    Here the screenshot.

Ps:
    Yes i use the Chrome in French but i don't know if it is more special version than other.
    As usual after the modification ("in new iframe") the settings square is gone

• @decembre said:
    I do the modification in the script and test it on Yahoo search.
    Here the screenshot.

Ps:
    Yes i use the Chrome in French but i don't know if it is more special version than other.
    As usual after the modification ("in new iframe") the settings square is gone

I recently used eslint to fix some bugs like "variable not defined" and pushed a new version v6.5.55. Please completely uninstall the current one you have and try if the new one works.

I'm still very confused since it did work on my chrome+tampermonkey. Let me know if you see other errors in the console.

• YES, thank you for your hard work!
    That's good, i can changes settings without problem now: perfect !