Google site: Tool (Site results / Exclude sites)

Easily add site: or -site: to modify your current Google query. v1.5.2 2023-02-25

< Feedback on Google site: Tool (Site results / Exclude sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-10-01

Not work for Chrome

Recently Google has modified the way search results are displayed. When using chrome, the urls in Google's search results become hyperlinks and cannot be selected from the middle of the url unless they are selected from the beginning or end.

Firefox is not affected.

§
Posted: 2018-10-02

Thank you for reporting this. So annoying.

What do you think is the best workaround? I can imagine three approaches:

(1) Add a new button to the right of the cite, which would be outside of the link; same number of clicks but a little more visual clutter

(2) Add an action to the "action menu" which appears when you click the green triangle next to the cite; an extra click but no added clutter

(3) Pull the "cite" out of the link; most similar to current design, but fragile because Google's HTML can change at any moment

§
Posted: 2018-10-02

I am very sorry, I have reinstalled Chrome and found that everything is working fine. I guess there may be problems with other extensions, scripts or other places. Now everything works fine, thank you very much!

§
Posted: 2018-10-07

Today the problem reappears. Chrome, IE, and Firefox all treat URLs in Google search results as hyperlinks. It seems that this has nothing to do with the browser, but Google has changed the way search results are displayed.

§
Posted: 2018-10-07

I posted an emergency update. We should keep an eye on it and keep track of where it causes issues.

§
Posted: 2018-11-20

It is OK. Thank you very much for your contribution.

Sign in to post a reply.