Auto Scroll Mouse [fork]

No mousewheel? No problem! This script will scroll the page if you place your mouse near the top or bottom of the window and wiggle it.

< Feedback on Auto Scroll Mouse [fork]

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-04-26

Auto Scroll Mouse : Work simple and fine!

Thanks.... :-)

joeytwiddleAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-05-04
Edited: 2018-05-07

Thanks decembre. This is someone else's script, which I modified a little.

Do you really use it instead of using your mouse wheel?

Do you need a better mouse?! ;-D

I used this script in the past when I had a tiny old trackpad with bad scrolling support. On that little Asus EEE, wiggling was easier.

joeytwiddleAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-05-04

By the way, Scroll Everywhere offers an alternative technique.

In Chrome I find I have to hold right-click, and then after a moment, hold left-click, and then I can drag to scroll.

§
Posted: 2018-05-07

I just tested it but don't use it now :-)

§
Posted: 2018-12-17
Edited: 2018-12-17

I retest your script to solve a new problem But without chance.... but if you have an idea - Anyway, my mouse work fine :-)

With firefox / waterfox only: On certain type of lists (with overflow: hidden and overflow-y:auto) , when i use click middle to enable the Auto-Scrolling, it don't work: I lost the focus and the list close too quickly to use the Auto-Scroll. If i reopen it by hover: the auto scroll work.

It's like the Auto-scroll cursor take all the z-index on the page: If i Hover it, i lost the focus. If i put my mouse pointer in an other place , that's good: i can use the auto scroll normaly.

Very strange effect, no?

• I test with fresh firefow profile (without special addon and customization): same problem
  • I tested on chrome : no problem.

Sign in to post a reply.