YouTube Comment Filter

Removes typical comments like 'first' and 'I'm early'. Everything can be modified to the users liking.

< Feedback on YouTube Comment Filter

Review: Good - script works

Deleted user 25884
§
Posted: 2018-01-22

Still case sensitive

Saw a "Notification Squad" comment today that made it past spam detection. Thought the script would handle case sensitivity, guess it does not properly.

Deleted user 25884
§
Posted: 2018-01-25
Edited: 2018-01-25

removed the yellow rating in favour of neutral, but no case sensitivity is important

TomONeillAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-01-25

Hello yakumo_ran!

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you show me a screenshot of the comment?
If there was a typo in the original comment, so not literally "notification squad", it might have slipped through.

The script should handle comments without case sensitivity.

Deleted user 25884
§
Posted: 2018-01-26

I cannot find it anymore, but I have a possible explanation since there definitely was no typo in the comment. It must have been written in some different unicode characters than those on a standard English keyboard. For example I was able to reproduce the error with unicode full-width chars.

It was neither the dotless turkish "i" / "ı" character. Perhaps the russian "с" was used. If this message is parsed correctly you can CTRL+F and see that the C above will not be highlighted.

Either way your scripts works very nicely with real English messages. I guess it is impossible to cover every charset ;)

Green rated!

TomONeillAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-02-09

Thank you kindly for the green rating!
I should look into the possibility of checking for multiple charsets. Now that you mention it, I myself have seen comments slipping through because of that.

I can't say when I'll look into this issue though, but you'll see any update automatically due to auto-updating-checking :)

TomONeillAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-02-09

Okay, I've got something ready (v2.4). Don't know if it's perfect, but let me know if you see any more strange characters which made a comment slip through any filters.

Deleted user 25884
§
Posted: 2018-02-10

Thanks, I can see that quite some work went into your DiacriticsRemovalMap, will test it and report back if I spot anything out of the ordinary.

TomONeillAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-02-12

Not really, it was a copy-paste of some other website. I tried looking for the most complete one, but I think this will cover most of it.

Sign in to post a reply.