Turkmaster (Mturk)

A page-monitoring web app for Mturk (Mechanical Turk) designed to make turking more efficient. Easily monitor mturk search pages and requesters and Auto-Accept the HITs you missed.

< Feedback on Turkmaster (Mturk)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-12-06

New Site

Will you be updating to the new worker site? I've seen mixed answers and hoping you are able/willing to as this is my favorite script to use.

§

I saw that as of a month or so ago you were still planning on updating it. Hope you're still able to, thanks!

DonovanMAuthor
§

I just have a few kinks to work out and it should be done very soon. :)

§
Posted: 2017-12-10
Edited: 2017-12-10

Hi, the same script works in new worker site or should I update the script. Also I want to say a Happy Thanks to you. Turkmaster is very much user friendly. Without this I wouldn't have earned this much.

DonovanMAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-12-13

If you want to use Turkmaster on the new site you can copy the code from here: https://pastebin.com/Mjsms3C9. If you don't mind waiting, I'm hoping to release the update to everyone tomorrow.

§

That's awesome, thank you so much for working on this. It's definitely the most user friendly script I've found!

§

First, thanks so much for your work on this script. Easily one of, if not the most user-friendly and intuitive script of its kind. I've been messing around a bit with the new site script you post here earlier ahead of your update rollout, and I've encountered a couple issues I just wanted to bring to your attention.

Everything imported from the old version rather well, with the only exception being searches. Those retained their reference to the old site and were marked as incompatible. Keeping them registered in TM seemed to cause the entire thing to break, until all incompatible searches were removed. I assume this was intended functionality though, and they were all easy enough to replace manually with proper ones for the new worker site.

However, the bigger issue I've encountered is that PANDAs do not seem to work properly at all for me currently. Whether ported over from the old site script, or newly added from the worker site, PANDAs do not appear to run at all, though manually clicking them in the sidebar does properly accept them and take you to the HIT page. Beyond this, they also seem to exhibit similar behavior to the incompatible searches. Attempting to run any PANDA in the new TM script also results in otherwise functional watchers and searches also no longer running, until the MTurk Dashboard/TM are refreshed.

At first I though it might be another script interfering, but it seems to have the same problem with no other scripts active on the page as well. I don't actually use that many PANDAs in TM anyway, so for me the new script is mostly perfect even with this issue, but I wanted to make a note of it.

Thanks again for everything Donovan!

DonovanMAuthor
§

Thanks for the feedback! I noticed some of these issues and posted an update here:
https://pastebin.com/40xgNw2U

There are a still a few more things to fix so I'll address those tomorrow.

§
Posted: 2017-12-14
If you want to use Turkmaster on the new site you can copy the code from here: https://pastebin.com/Mjsms3C9. If you don't mind waiting, I'm hoping to release the update to everyone tomorrow.

Thank you thank you thank you! Looking forward to the final version. Mturk as I know it has not ended!

Sign in to post a reply.