Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Feedback on Youtube HD

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-11-19

Hi

Since you know youtube's structure, i was wondering if you could send me a fix of an addon
i liked & that can be useful but was abandoned by his author. There's an alternative on mozilla
but it's not as discreet & complete as this one. i believe youtube's layout broke it again:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-auto-replay-11636/

adisibAuthor
§

Hello delicacy,

If you are asking me to release my own version of the addon you linked to, it is released under a custom license, and I don't like to try to risk my own interpretation of such. So if I work on this, I would prefer to implement it myself (as a userscript), rather than try to fork the addon, even if the end result is very similar.

Or are you just asking me to identify what the issue is, and what could be done to fix it so that you can create your own private working version of the extension?

§

Hi,

i'm not a coder, so all i could do is replacing a string exactly where you ask me
too in a xpi file opened in a zip editor, or place it somewhere between lines or spaces.. but it would be certainly easier & quicker to do for you who knows the language. if you're afraid of license issues, in that case, it's needless to post it anywhere, but i'd be glad to receive it by email so i can use it just personally
& never share it with anyone, since i'm the one concerned actually & noone's even asking updates because everyone's jumping to the latest firefox versions that kill so many addons functionalities when i've stopped at ff44 that insures the functionality of almost all addons that contain a rdf file in the xpi.

Do what you can, but i've found an even more elegant version that i would adore to have as a userscript, it's:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/looper-for-youtube/iggpfpnahkgpnindfkdncknoldgnccdg

so if it's not too complicated for you, i'd love to use it as a userscript
in greasemonkey in my firefox.

at worse, i could do with a script version of it, & it's better cause it can be maintained, with an easy access of the script & it sometimes can work on different browsers, it's a benefit for many.

if duplicating looper for youtube to be used as a userscript is a legal issue,
then a .js sent to me by email would be ok, if it's too complicated,
then i could do with the first corrupted addon "youtube auto replay",
as you wish, fixing the latest version as a mod or & emailing it as a xpi or 7z
archive, that gmail doesn't scan stupidly. or a by telling me what to replace (harder way for me), i know nothing about coding.

Sign in to post a reply.