Google Search Extra Buttons

Add buttons (past 1/2/3 days, weeks, PDF search etc.) for Google search page

< Feedback on Google Search Extra Buttons

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-11-10

sort by date does not seem to work ...

Everything is said in the title ... the search is ok, but then the sorting by date gives no "order" and actually nothing is listed ...

Any fix ?

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-11-13

Do you want to save option "search by date"? OK, it's good idea.

(But in some cases "search by date" is not works if there are little number of results (I test search "last 5 days" of string "soens ara" (or another seldom string, without quotes), but search "last 9 months" or 1 month is works by date.)

In next version 26.2017.11.13 it's updated. But this option is not saved in userscript settings. (If it is need for permanent return to it, it may be saved in next version.)

§
Posted: 2017-11-13

Hi, Thanks for answering ... I think I made a mistake !

My comment was for "Google Search Various Ranges" ... not sorting well a "limited by date" search

In my case, your addon used to work ... but buttons do not appear anymore ... in Firefox (I did not touch the script ...) and do in Google Chrome portable, but then it is impossible to order by date ...

Too bad ... because the idea of having "tools" on the initial search page of Google (my homepage ... sic) is great ...

I tried an update of the script in Firefox, but nothing changes for me (no buttons).
Just in case, I'm on latest Beta v57 ...

Regards,
Renzo

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-11-14
Edited: 2017-11-14

1) > not sorting well a "limited by date" search
--Yes, I'm understand, but I noticed that sorting by date is reset to sort by relevance if you are use extra buttons and then I improve addon functions.

2) For main page - It's possible to add extra button for switch of sorting rules (by relevance - by date and other controls), then it will be shown on the main page. And it's need to save state of switches to "external localStorage" by mechanism, realized in this addon.

Now I do not want to do this (I do not see the importance), but I can take a Pull Request.

3) Appearance of sub-panel (div id="hdtbMenus") is rather slow in my new notebook with i5-7200u in Firefox also (5-7 seconds of delay). Sometimes in may br not to appear... Google is free and leisure )

Sign in to post a reply.