Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Feedback on Netflix - subtitle downloader

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-09-17

Subtitles on the upper portion of the screen

Hi, thanks for creating this awesome script. I've been testing and it's working great so far. There's one thing that is bugging me. Some TV Shows will have subtitles in the top portion of the screen but the script will ignore the region="region.before" tag and all the subtitles will be in the bottom of the screen. It would be nice if the script could read the region tag and add {\an8} to each line that should be on top according to the region in the xml file.
I am attaching a sample xml subtitle with text on the top of the screen.

§

Suggested before. Some players may not support that tag and will end up with {\an8} in text instead of being at the top. I'd have to add settings to opt in or out. Will think about it.

§

I've been trying to edit the script myself without success, if you could tell me at least what line I could add to download the subs with the screen position I could change it on my end and you wouldn't need add it to the actual script.

§
Posted: 2017-09-29

Suggested before. Some players may not support that tag and will end up with {\an8} in text instead of being at the top. I'd have to add settings to opt in or out. Will think about it.

Can't save in * .ssa or * .ass format? Thus these settings would not be lost.

§
Posted: 2017-09-29

I may add that in the future. Keep in mind that *.ass format is much more complex than *.srt.

§
Posted: 2017-11-05

Added to script. Enable it in options first.

Sign in to post a reply.