Inject2Download

Simple media download script

< Feedback on Inject2Download

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-09-16
Edited: 2017-09-16

Some minor issues- but love the script

I use this script to view videos that are blocked by anti-adblock on sites like 9cartoon.me, but I have had 2 issues.

The first is: For a few seconds the video starts to play before the anti-adblock kicks in, and it shows me the link to the video; but i have only a few seconds to click it because once the video is gone thanks to the adblock-killer i lose the link, can you make it possible to have the links continue to display even after that video is taken away if I'm still on the same page?

The second is: I cant view a video or an image by itself while Inject2download is active(when i click a link in the popup to open a video in a new window all by itself or right-click and select 'view image') I get an error saying: "Video format or MIME type is not supported". I dont know why but it took me a while to realize why it was happening.
-- I have to activate the script to open the video links in a new tab, turn off the script, and reload the page to view the content, but its a bit tedious.

Btw, i do use an Anti-antiadblock script but it doesn't work on some sites like the one above, hence me using this.
Also on sites like 'thevideo.me' they have this horrible horrible way of making the video work only after opening 3 new tabs each time, so if i want to pause i have to click the video(even when playing it in fullscreen) and it opens a tab each time, minimum of 3 new tabs or windows, and then i get a few seconds to use or pause or w/e, then to play again or use fullscreen again i have to do this all over. I cant seem to find a script to counter this other than using inject2download to open the mp4 by itself to view normally.

§
Posted: 2017-09-16

For the first, try using Anti-Adblock Killer: https://reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer/ . I tried 9cartoon.me, and it seems to successfully kill the anti-adblock code there :) I tried with both Adguard Adblocker and uBlock Origin with Anti-Adblock Killer, and it worked for both.

Other than Anti-Adblock Killer, I'm not sure I can do anything. I tried using a new profile, with only Adblock installed, and indeed, the anti-adblock code ran. There are 3 pages being loaded, the top page, the player page (this is where the anti-adblock script gets loaded), and the actual player (on openload). Because of how greasemonkey works, the script can't access any page other than its own, which means it can't access the contents of iframes. The script runs on all 3 pages (top, player, and openload), and adds the dialog to the openload page.

The problem lies in the fact that the page replaces the openload iframe with the anti-adblock message. The only alternative (other than using Anti-Adblock Killer) is to write a native addon, which would show the links in a toolbar button or the likes. I've been thinking of doing this for a while, but haven't actually had much reason to. This, however, might be a good reason to, so I'll look into it when I have time :)

For the second issue, I tried running it in firefox on 9cartoon.me, and I had a similar issue, but not quite the same. The video wouldn't load regardless of whether inject2download had been loaded (with the same error), but if I disabled uBlock Origin, it would work fine, so I wasn't able to reproduce the error. Could you send me a link of which page you're having this issue with, and if possible, which adblock/anti-anti-adblock system you're using?

§
Posted: 2017-12-17

Thanks for responding, actually i was using greasemonkey script to stop an anti-adblock.I did find a script on this site specifically for video.me and it worked so, problem solved.

I had this "img issue" on various sites, for example: if i look up melissa benoist on a wallpaper site (for a supergirl wallpaper), and i click the links at the bottom to show the image on its own page in a higher resolution, it doesnt respond, like the link just gets clicked, and nothing happens, i turn off only the inject2download script and it opens a new tab with the img alone. Same thing on wikipedia, wikia.com, any image i try to open by clicking, or right-clicking and selecting "view image" seems to not respond.
Maybe its an issue you had is more with your flashplayer since it sounds like you dont use firefox often enough, but now i guess it doesnt matter since the new update to greasemonkey is changing everything *sigh*.

I only just came back to re-download this script since it's liberating to open the videos and stuff in their own page without the heavy load issues on some sites, the videos load faster and there's no lag on certain webpages

§
Posted: 2017-12-17

That is very odd ... I've never had that issue, and the people I personally know that use firefox with the script (with greasemonkey) haven't had the issue either. I just tried it myself with tampermonkey (under firefox), but I failed to reproduce the problem you mentioned.

With that being said, I've switched to tampermonkey with firefox due to problems with greasemonkey, but I don't quite remember which ... would you mind giving tampermonkey a go and see if the problem still exists there?

Can you try commenting out lines 944 and 945? They should look like this (once commented out):

//var observer = new MutationObserver(show_updates);
//observer.observe(el, { attributes: true, childList: true });

I can't really think of much else that could cause the "view image" problem you're describing, I'm sorry (truth be told, I also doubt this would cause it, but I guess it's worth a shot, this function gets run whenever a

Sign in to post a reply.