KissAnimeList

Integrates MyAnimeList into various sites, with auto episode tracking.

< Feedback on KissAnimeList

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-07-09

Updating doesn't work with some 9anime servers

This is a rather unpredictable error I've been experiencing over the past several weeks of using this script. Sometimes, the episode won't auto-update on 9anime. However, I noticed that this only occurs with some servers, but because it's so random, I can't tell which one it is. For example, it always works properly when using RapidVideo or Openload. However, it doesn't work sometimes with the other ones, such as F2 or F4. There are times when it does work, and times when it doesn't.

lolamtischAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-07-09

Good to know.
Are you using Firefox?
When does it normally happen, at first opening or at switching episodes/server. And if later, how do you normally change? Clicking the number/next in player/this scripts next link/using keyboard shortcuts.....

Unfortunately I am at the moment off the net. So I won't be able to look into this issue until I get home in 2 weeks or so.

§
Posted: 2017-07-10

I'm using the latest version of Chrome now, with Tampermonkey.

It usually happens when clicking on a new episode. I normally change episodes by clicking on the actual episode number below the player. However, I found that clicking "Next" also produces the same problem, so I don't think that's what is causing the error.

RapidVideo, MyCloud, and OpenLoad will never produce this error, so it's narrowed down to the F2 and F4 servers. And even then, it's quite random, as it will sometimes work and sometimes will not.

No worries, take your time, this isn't a urgent issue or anything. Thanks for continuing to maintain this amazing script!

lolamtischAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-07-28
Edited: 2017-07-28

I could not find any anime with F2, but I tested like 150 episodes on F4 without getting it even once. I even used a low end tablet. But I know that this problem exists, because i did get it once during development, but could never reproduce it.
If I find a F2 Server I will retest this.

§
Posted: 2017-08-02

Thanks for checking. It's also extremely random on my end as well, as I do not know how to reproduce the error at will.

Side question, but how do you use this script on mobile devices, like a tablet or smartphone?

lolamtischAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-08-07

I looked into how to use it under android. The newest version does not work, but after some Debugging i did get the anime recognition and the auto update working in firefox usi, so the most important and complex parts work :smiley:. I will reply here, when I finish with a somehow working version.

lolamtischAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-08-09

The new release now supports Android, but only on Firefox with the usi (User|Unified Script Injector) extension

Sign in to post a reply.