Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Feedback on Youtube HD

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-05-03

Non-default resolution does not stick when scrolling to comments and back

Hi again,

I have the addon to play everything at absolute max quality. But sometimes, I manually change it to a lower quality.
The bug is as follows:

If I'm watching a 4K video and I manually selected 1440p in the youtube player for this video, and scroll down to the video comments, and then back up, the video returns to 4K even though I already manually selected 1440p. The video should stay at the manually selected option, 1440p.

Please take a look at this.

Thanks
Sarnex

adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-05-04

I tried it out on Chrome using the latest version, but I am unable to reproduce this bug. The quality does not change from what I manually set it to unless I change videos. That doesn't mean the bug isn't there, but I'll need to find out more information. Perhaps a mid-video advertisement played while you were scrolled down and that caused the quality to change?

I'm afraid I wont be able to provide an immediate fix tonight. I will look at it some more. If I am still unable to reproduce it, I'll make some changes that should work and give you a link to test it, if you would be willing to do so to help me fix it.

§

Sorry, I am actually using Firefox, I was using a weird user agent when I created this account.

I don't think it's related to an ad, it happens any time I do it.

Here's a video showing what happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7gPuuPfnkA

Let me know if your need any more info, thanks.

adisibAuthor
§
Edited: 2017-05-04

Ok, I decided to go ahead and get this done and I can reproduce the problem. Everything works fine on Firefox 48 (which is what I had been testing on), but the problem appears after updating to Firefox 53. For some reason, newer Firefox is spamming load events constantly, which will be bad for performance/battery life, as well as potentially breaking things as it did here.

I added a fix, and at the same time added the automatic theater mode feature. I will be testing it, but if you want to go ahead and confirm that the resolution changing problem is fixed for you as well, that would be helpful. I've attached the beta version here.

§

Thanks a lot. The resolution sticks now, and the theater mode seems to work. Let me know if you need more testing. Thanks again.

adisibAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-05-06

This issue is now fixed in version 2017.05.06.

Sign in to post a reply.