Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to enable MAL integration on bookmarks page?

About: KissMangaList
edited April 21 in Script Discussions Firefox
Hi,

The script works great! I have a question though. In your third screenshot, your bookmark list shows the thumbnail of the manga, and it also shows the MAL elements displayed next to it. How do I achieve this? After installing this script, I only get the MAL integration on the manga's page itself, and not on the bookmarks page.

On a related note, is this possible with your KissAnimeList script as well? It's such a cool and well-designed UI that I would like to use it as well.

I'm using Firefox BTW, with greasemonkey.

Comments

• It is already in kissanimelist, just check for updates.

Opening the overview page of a manga will save the image and mal data for the Bookmark page.

This is because searching for the mal page of all bookmarks would be overkill. Over time this will get better, because i have a database were the needed data is saved, but at the moment its nearly empty.
  • It looks like that the bookmark implementation does not work on greasemonkey for firefox. With tampermonkey for firefox everything works. Fixing this could take some time if even possible, so its better to switch.
  • It looks like that the bookmark implementation does not work on greasemonkey for firefox. With tampermonkey for firefox everything works. Fixing this could take some time if even possible, so its better to switch.

I see! I have no problems switching. Keep up the good work, your scripts are awesome! Do you ever plan on implementing support for other anime/manga sites as well?
  • If I generalize the code a lot and ignore styling for the other pages, it should make adding new sites easy, but dont expect this happening soon. Just to keep it at the back of my head, which anime and manga sites would you like to be supported?
  • edited April 24 Firefox

If I generalize the code a lot and ignore styling for the other pages, it should make adding new sites easy, but dont expect this happening soon. Just to keep it at the back of my head, which anime and manga sites would you like to be supported?

That's totally fine, take your time. I don't have any suggestions, but it would be great if you focused on the more major sites. The reason I say this is because I always have this fear in the back of my mind that Kissmanga/Kissanime will be shut down someday, so I would like to have some backups. 9anime and Masterani both have some style of MAL sync, but nowhere near as good as what your script does, so maybe those two?