Google Black Bar Returns Now Customizable!

This Script brings back the Google Navigation Bar with customizable options, and removes the App Grid navigation entirely. You can change the links on the bar, the colors of the bar, the background image of the bar, and if the bar is always visible, or not. Check for updates regularly for bug fixes, and new features!

< Feedback on Google Black Bar Returns Now Customizable!

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2017-04-21

Google Black Bar keeps resetting to default

for some reason, the Google Black Bar keeps resetting itself back to its default state and forgets all of my custom links & settings. using V4.41.3

§
Posted: 2017-04-27

update: I edited the user script to reflect my customized settings, and now shows up how I want it to.

§
Posted: 2017-04-27

Hey Spring, I'm not currently the one keeping this script up to date, but I am the one who originally wrote it years ago. I'm not quiet sure what part of the code q1k has manipulated, but I can try to help figure out what had happened.

Before you manually edited the script, did it keep reverting all your settings whenever you reloaded the page?

I don't have access to update this script, but I am working on a completely rewritten script. I store the settings in a pretty similar way, so I want to make sure that whatever happened with you won't happen with the new script.

q1kAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-05-22
Edited: 2017-05-22
Hey Spring, I'm not currently the one keeping this script up to date, but I am the one who originally wrote it years ago. I'm not quiet sure what part of the code q1k has manipulated, but I can try to help figure out what had happened.

Before you manually edited the script, did it keep reverting all your settings whenever you reloaded the page?

I don't have access to update this script, but I am working on a completely rewritten script. I store the settings in a pretty similar way, so I want to make sure that whatever happened with you won't happen with the new script.

I haven't changed much, just some css here and there, and some of the default options to my liking. And the pages it runs on, some were only http so I included the https as well.
One problem that has been bugging me is the search query doesn't take effect in the menu, making it be just a few links. Interestingly enough it does work in Palemoon (at least when I used the browser - older version ofcourse), it should work in older Firefox as well (don't ask me which version though)...
I went back to try and fix it multiple times and failed. I believe something got changed in the browsers' javascript engine, so I never could fix it.

§
Posted: 2017-07-30
Edited: 2017-07-30

I have the same problem using ff 64 v54. I have not the skills to edit the user-skripts, what can I do? I've searched for the text for example I want news.google.de and not news.google.com but thats ok in the script, there is always news.google.de but in the browser www.google.de it always shows news.google.com

It is a problem of the script or firefox not of greasemonkey. I tested tampermonkey which had the same problem with the script

§
Posted: 2017-08-31
Edited: 2017-08-31

@q1k However the script still doesn't work. Is there any progress???

q1kAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-09-10
@q1k However the script still doesn't work. Is there any progress???

The script still works fine for me with FF55. But no, I have no plans for it whatsoever. You can give Griff's one a try though.

Sign in to post a reply.