AO3: Kudosed and seen history

Highlight or hide works you kudosed/marked as seen.

< Feedback on AO3: Kudosed and seen history

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-02-19

List of seen works?

Is there any way to see all the works I've marked as "seen" without having to scroll through every fic on AO3? I'm thinking of something similar to the bookmarks list - is this possible at all?

Min_Author
§
Posted: 2017-02-23

The script only remembers the work IDs, not whole blurbs, so it can't display them like that. But you can try viewing your history on ao3, that should have all the works you've opened and will hopefully make finding the "seen" works easier.

§
Posted: 2017-03-06

[I'm really sorry, this comment got away from me and turned into an essay peppered with questions. I bolded the questions to make them easier to find.]

Thank you for the tip. It definitely looks like all the fics I've marked as 'Seen' can be found in the My History section of my account.

Do you know if there's a way to search for fics you've given kudos to? I've been using your userscript as a way to mark which fics I liked and disliked (aka: avoid like the plague) by using the kudos feature to indicate my 'liked' fics but I'm realizing now that the My History section doesn't outright say which fics I gave kudos to.

Additionally - do you know of any tutorials for making userscripts similar to this one for AO3 OR would you be willing to either create another one/add features to this one?

I realize my last question about creating/editing userscripts is probably a big, time-consuming one that you might not want to do, so no pressure if you want to say no - this is entirely out of curiosity. I don't expect you to do whatever I say just because I ask. ._.;

Anyway, I'm asking because I haven't been able to find any other userscript that has the features of marking a fic as "disliked" or "liked" and your userscript is the closest thing to how I'd imagine it working (with the button you can click or unclick if you liked/disliked a fic but then change your mind.) The method I've been using with using the kudos feature from your script only works if I either a) don't accidentally give a fic kudos or b) never change my mind because kudos can't be undone.

My only problem is that I have no idea how to make a userscript and when I tried looking at your script for ideas I'm pretty sure something in my brain broke.

So, would it be possible to add these features to this script or would it be better for everyone if I just worked on figuring out how to make my own?

Whew! Sorry for the novel, thank you again for the tip and thank you so much for the script. It's made my life so much easier on AO3! :)

Min_Author
§
Posted: 2017-03-10

As far as I know there's no way to list/search for fics you kudosed. You may want to use bookmarks if you want to find them later.

Re: tutorials, I wouldn't know how to make one, sorry. I don't think I've seen any either, but it may be worth looking at http://ao3some.dreamwidth.org/

As for a liked/disliked feature, that's pretty much what I'm using the current script for - kudosed fics I liked, seen I disliked (since they didn't earn my kudos). So it kind of seems to me like adding buttons for "liked" and "disliked" would be duplicating what's already there? If you want a more involved system, maybe this add-on will work for you: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ao3rdr/

§
Posted: 2017-04-27
Edited: 2017-04-27

Hello, sorry for the really long delay - things kinda went to shit over here after my last reply and for the last month it's been a struggle to tie up loose ends AND have the energy to get back to people.

So I apologize again, and thank you so much for the suggestions. I don't really have the availability to make a userscript like I was originally planning, but once things settle down more I'll definitely check out the community.

In the mean time, I'll give that add-on a shot or just stick with your userscript. It seems to be working okay as long as I remember to bookmark the hell out of everything I kudos so I can keep everything organized. :) (The inability to remove the fics I marked as "liked" if I ever change my mind is still an issue, but I figure as long as I'm cautious with handing out kudos then I should be okay-ish. :P )

§
Posted: 2017-05-25

In case anyone comes to this thread looking for answers - the add-on Min recommends for Firefox (AO3rdr) works amazingly. Thank you, Min, it's exactly what I was searching for.

I still have the Kudosed and Seen History because *SHRUG* I like the features from both the add-on and the script. Either way, the add-on is worth checking out if anyone is looking for something to use to rate the fics (rather than just show which were given kudos.)

Sign in to post a reply.