Linkify Plus Plus

Based on Linkify Plus. Turn plain text URLs into links.

< Feedback on Linkify Plus Plus

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2014-09-07
Edited: 2014-09-08

Avoid numbers and quantities?

First of all I'm very pleased using your script. So far it is the script that detects more text-urls here in Greasy Fork!

I have a request, though. I visit a lot of press and news sites and here and there always appear some numbers like:
30.000, 100.000, etc. —I know that, in english, the usual separator for numerals is the comma (,) but in spanish and other languages the standard is to use a dot (.) and that's the problem.

So those amounts appear 'linkified' when they're just numbers and it's kind of annoying.

Could you give it a look when you have some free time, please?

Thank you in advance.

eightAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-09-07

Fixed at 2.3.9

The script will still linkify numbers if they were considered as IP address.

For example:
127.0.0.1 // ip address
127.0.0.01 // leading zero, NOT ip address
256.0.0.1 // invalid number, NOT ip address

§
Posted: 2014-09-08

Great! It works like a charm now, thanks a lot!

Is there any way for auto-update scripts here in Greasy-Fork? I remember that scripts from userscripts.org used to auto-update themself with a @updateURL sentence, but I don't see it in any script I've installed here... :-/

wOxxOmMod
§

I think Greasemonkey remembers the source url when you click the Install button here, so it updates from the same page. Other userscript managers may also do this.

§

Yes, that seems to be the behaviour with Greasemonkey. I was using Scriptish until now (it's been a long since its last update) and it doesn't have that way of updating.

So I've migrated all my scripts to Greasemonkey. I hope they'll keep updated this way.

Thanks for the answer.

§

You may want to include an updateURL in the script:

// @updateURL https://greasyfork.org/scripts/4255-linkify-plus-plus/code/Linkify%20Plus%20Plus.user.js

Sign in to post a reply.