Google Search Extra Buttons

Add buttons (past 1/2/3 days, weeks, PDF search etc.) for Google search page

< Feedback on Google Search Extra Buttons

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2016-12-02
Edited: 2016-12-02

Google page updated

Greetings. Google has a new search UI which makes the script not show properly. I have included the screenshot below. Window 1 & 3 are the new UI and window 2 is older. I don't know how to force the new/old UI; sometimes it comes and sometimes it doesn't. I have tried with Firefox+greasemonkey, FF+Tampermonkey and Opera+tampermonkey - same result.

§
Posted: 2016-12-02

Да, возникла такая проблема. Если можно, исправьте.

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 2016-12-06

Yes, I will fix during today.

§

This behaviour also applies to safari+tampermonkey.

spmbtAuthor
§
Edited: 2016-12-06

Fixed.

spacedingo, vanderholm: cause of error are placed new CSS classes in the new Google page design that has not changed for more than 2 years. After the fix is must be to start work in any shell.

§
Posted: 2016-12-11

not working since a long time !!! firefox 50 greasemonkey 3.9 beta 2 Google Search Extra Buttons version 21.2016.12.8....thought I was the only one seems it is not the case

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 2016-12-11

Macgryver Johnson: may you send me description of your effects? Or copy of HTML in your page from browser on google.com URL. There are rare cases when Google show another HTML layout. It may be depend from unknown settings of operating system or browser. I had one computer with it, but now in all installation all works.

§
Posted: 2016-12-12

Good news and bad news....
Good news-> I installed greasemonkey on a fresh firefox profile and it works...(the buttons do appear but they are too white (very slight grey color) to be seen...
Bad news-> On my current firefox profile its not working....disabled all addons except greasemonkey but still not working....went to console...
there was a security error

SecurityError: The operation is insecure. saveYourLocalStorage.html:20
https://spmbt.github.io/googleSearchExtraButtons/saveYourLocalStorage.html:20:6

Here's what was on debugger

http://pastebin.com/jNNF9DxP

Here's the html content of the page

http://pastebin.com/hAEB6bwr

§
Edited: 2016-12-12

here's how search button looks like on a fresh profile...using default aero theme on windows 8.1 pro and default firefox theme

§

The opacity change also affects information on the side

Also could you wrap all of the buttons in one class so the user could move them (using custom CSS) if they choose to

spmbtAuthor
§

unknown: I hide this possible advertise blocks on the right, but no full hide because it may be not ads.

About buttons. My idea of design with transparent buttons was just that: to make the text almost unreadable. If it will be bad, I change it to another. But old design was very contrast for new page.

Macgryver Johnson: by new profile: so it's intended.
old profile: I have not such report, I don't know cause. But thank you for info, we may think how to solve it.

For first, I may to set setting "Do not write settings to localStorage". It will solve, but not to save settings. Next days, I will insert try{}catch(){} operators for detect this exception.

Possible way of solving your problem may be comparing of about:config pages (filter - "security" or like) in both Firefox profiles. Check, which setting may be block access to another domain.

UPD: setting "Gray design" was added. Now, user may revert to old design (blue extra buttons) in the pages of new Google design. (But hovered button is highlighted to gray/)

§

Where would we be without stackexchange... :smiley:
@spmbt
I solved the problem...on a fresh ff profile all cookies are allowed... but in my current ff profile i had disabled thirdparty cookies with exceptions....i just had to add "spmbt.github.io" to exception list to make it work...
but settings for userscript is not being saved(only on current ff profile)... any suggestions? I just want it blue

Thanks

spmbtAuthor
§

Macgryver Johnson: if settings not saved, it may be, not work anything?
You may set variable by hands in script (design1612: 1 to 0 in line 482), but it need repeat after any update of version.

Sign in to post a reply.