Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Why does greasy fork moderation allow blatant spam-bots on the site?

Please take a look at the reports for this script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/412464-youtube%E7%8B%AC%E8%BD%AE%E8%BD%A6-auto-youtube-chat-sender/reports
All marked as dismissed, even though it's literal spamboting script that is actively used to harass streamers. Their revenue literally depends on youtube and this kind of spam comment section can potentially get them banned.

You're hosting this script and are ignoring the reports. You are complicit to this. I will never recommend this site, nor will I contribute to it in any means.

§
Posted: 2020-10-19

What people do with scripts is up to them. We do not police the functionality of scripts other than to protect the users and authors of the scripts. You can see the full list of rules at https://greasyfork.org/en/help/code-rules.

So you're saying if I - for example - made a script that would auto-report all the scripts on this site and spam forums with garbage you would also keep it for posterity, as long as I describe what the script does?

Cool, good to know.

§
Posted: 2020-10-19

If such a script existed and worked, I'd put in countermeasures against it because removing it from the site doesn't stop it from existing, and the same thing could still be accomplished in an alternate method.

I'd probably ban anyone doing that as well, so probably not the best idea, unless this is your elaborate plan to stop contributing to the site.

wOxxOmMod
§
Posted: 2020-10-20

Spam bots exist for decades despite any efforts to exterminate them so this is a part of real life. On GreasyFork we ban a dozen of spam bot accounts each day, sometimes more. All sites that care about their human visitors should have implemented anti-bot measures by now.

§
Posted: 2020-10-25

Consider your large market share in the script hosting sites, you should actively ban these type of spamming tools, which can significantly reduce the amount of shitpost on YouTube. Some users will find another way to use these scripts indeed. However, it will not be such easy, even an elementary school child can use your website to install these scripts and do real harm to broadcasters. Different service providers in the Internet should share responsibilities to deal with some perennial problems, including spamming.

wOxxOmMod
§
Posted: 2020-10-25

I'll probably regret replying to this as such hypothetical reasoning can go ad infinitum et ad nauseam and is used a lot by politicians. In real life people with loose morals that stoop to spamming can easily find spamming tools using any search engine site despite all our local efforts so no, we won't be censoring scripts.

Sign in to post a reply.