Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-02-16

Why is Wikipedia unblocked?

The update does not block Wikipedia and other Wiki sites. I use the latest Waterfox.

Another problem I experience is the absence of the block button on many sites, especially those following the the first 6 or 8 results.

§
Posted: 2018-02-16

Thanks for the report.

The update does not block Wikipedia and other Wiki sites. I use the latest Waterfox.

I haven't noticed a problem in Google on Firefox 58. Could you paste the URL of the search results page where your wiki results are not blocked. Maybe a screenshot would be helpful.

Also, check your block lists to see what domains listed in the results should be blocked but aren't. Do they look correct in the list or did the script record them incorrectly?

Another problem I experience is the absence of the block button on many sites, especially those following the the first 6 or 8 results.

Could you paste the URL of the search results page that has this problem and indicate which ones have the button and which ones don't. Maybe a screenshot would be helpful.

Also, do you use any scripts or add-ons that automatically retrieve a second page of results and insert it into the first one?

Sign in to post a reply.