Greasy Fork is available in English.

Diskussionen » Entwicklungsanfragen

MAL hidden/private shows on my list

§
Veröffentlicht: 28.07.2021

So...umm it might be dumb or everything for me to ask . but is it possible for anyone to create a way to hide certain anime on my anime list you want only yourself to see . this request have been made many times but they said its too much work ( sth like this ) and not many people want it ...i hope it might be possible ...umm thank you bye .....

§

If the website does'nt provide ability to make hidden lists, it means you need to delete items from your list and then keep the items somewhere else... Such script algorithm would be like:

1. Make button "Hide", but the button function would be:
  2. Delete the item from the website and save somewhere else
  3. Show deleted and non-deleted items all together

Easy way is to keep the deleted item in browser memory, but if for some reason you lose the browser or its data, your list would be lost too. So this script in addition should has some backup system: manual (annoying) or automatic (maybe complicated)

§
Bearbeitet: 28.07.2021

Also, if the website provides some statistics of the items (info/ratings/etc.), the script now must be doing this work, so it might be another one score to complexity

§
Bearbeitet: 28.07.2021

The website already provides the ability to make hidden lists!

Nobody can make a user script that hides a single or a few animes of your list for users that don't use that script. The script would only hide animes only for yourself and that's it!

You can't hide a few anime from other users, you would have to hide your whole anime list.

With css you can hide a few users from seeing your anime list, but this is very pointless since it's probably very easy to be bypassed, it could probably even be bypassed by my "Mal css override" script I made...
You would have to talk with Shishio to get this css code,implement to your anime list,and manually add all users you don't want to see your anime list... This would take some time, so it's pointless.

I'm not sure why you haven't created a topic for that on Mal and asked it, I and others could help you directly there. I'm also not sure why you haven't asked me directly about this,you could have asked directly any other script developer that has an account on Mal too if you dislike me or think I'm suspicious since my username has the word hacker in it ... They would help you too and they will give the same answer I wrote you now.

§

If you want a script that hides a few animes you have on your list, to hide them for yourself only I can make that for you, but any other user will still be able to see that anime on your list.

§
Veröffentlicht: 29.07.2021
Bearbeitet: 29.07.2021

Set the list privacy to private here
https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences

*If set to private, only YOU (when you're logged in) will be able to view your list and history.

§
Veröffentlicht: 02.08.2021

oml ofc i dont have any problem with your username lol. and this request has been made many times in the forum ..and i did make it again but hey already rejected or sth

If you want a script that hides a few animes you have on your list, to hide them for yourself only I can make that for you, but any other user will still be able to see that anime on your list.

can u pls do it lol

§
oml ofc i dont have any problem with your username lol. and this request has been made many times in the forum ..and i did make it again but hey already rejected or sth

can u pls do it lol

no no dont do it !! whts the use of hiding it from me? lol can u pls only hide anime from others where i tag dont show or sth like so that the tags with (dont show) wont be shown to anyone only me like the tags with dont show will be private is sth like that possible ? and i use mal from tracking watched ep of anime

§

pls dont get a astroke from reading this and idk who shisio is and send me the css script

§
Bearbeitet: 02.08.2021

whts the use of hiding it from me?

I believe there's no use for it, I just asked in case you really wanted it instead of making your list private for everyone.

All you have to do is Set the list privacy to private here

Then nobody besides you will be able to see your tags neither your lists

§
Bearbeitet: 02.08.2021

whts the use of hiding it from me?

I believe there's no use for it, I just asked in case you really wanted it instead of making your list private for everyone.

All you have to do is Set the list privacy to private here

Then nobody besides you will be able to see your tags neither your lists

soo...what i meant was the (dont show or a tag named abcd )tag will be able to make the anime private which isnt possible i guess and my account has been always private but when i planned to make it public and realised there are animes i dont want some people to not see can u tell me about the css code pls^_^

§

I know what you meant, the best way to hide that for everyone is Set the list privacy to private here

With css you can hide a few tags from being seem on your anime list, but this is very pointless since it's very easy to be bypassed, it could probably even be bypassed by my "Mal css override" script I made... You would have to manually add all tags you don't want others to see your anime list... This would take some time, so it's pointless.

The best way to hide that for everyone is Set the list privacy to private here

If your list is already private but there are a few animes and tags you don't want others to see you can erase these tags/animes or even better, just keep your list private and not public, this is the only solution that really works.

Antwort schreiben

Anmelden um eine Antwort zu senden.