Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google images - Show size

Display size of image on the thumbnails

< Feedback on Google images - Show size

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 04. 06. 2020
Edited: 04. 06. 2020

hi. this is very useful style. it seemed to me that such functionality used to be in Google images, but now it is not for some reason.
I noticed that the stylus finds a lot of errors in your code:
Google images - Show size: errors
but if you follow the formatting, errors disappear:
Google images - Show size: formatted

good luck

§

and could you make a customizable padding, border radius and background/foreground colors.

AchernarAuthor
§
Edited: 04. 06. 2020

I've seen some weird behaviour with stylus finding errors. Usually I pay no attention to it.
When I modify a stylesheet, sometimes it is full of errors when I open it. And as soon as I add a space, or a new rule, all the other errors disappear.
Right now I have no errors displayed for this particular stylesheet.

In your screenshot, the error seems to be that the linter doesn't understand the "userstyle" syntax.

Customizing the color padding and radius is possible. I'll try to do something about it. Right now, it looks exactly how it was before google removed it from display.
When google modifies the look/layout of its pages, it is not definitive, requesting the same page again could give the old layout (if you clear the cookies). So I had the possibility to summon the old layout to get the style from it.

AchernarAuthor
§

I've added definable options for color, padding, and radius.

You can download the beta here: http://users.skynet.be/alternity/files/google%20image%20-%20show%20size.user.css.txt
In stylus, click "Write new style" (after enabling "as Usercss"). Copy-paste the content of the page linked above. Save the stylesheet.
Disable the normal stylesheet so that it doesn't interfere.
Play with the new version and tell me if this what you were looking for.

§

I try this version and it's very cool.
maybe someone might think that so many settings are redundant. but for me it is very useful.
I love that everything can be customized to my needs.
Of course, I could remake your userstyle to fit my needs, but maybe it will be convenient for someone else.

great work. thanx

AchernarAuthor
§
Posted: 03. 07. 2020

I forgot to update the code. Sorry.
You can now remove the beta version (once the normal version has been updated in your browser).

Sign in to post a reply.