Greasy Fork is available in English.

Diskuse » Greasy Fork Feedback

New behaviour on install click

§
Posted: 27. 06. 2021

When users install and they don't have a detected* user script/style manager, Greasy Fork will now show a modal telling them to install a manager. The exact manager(s) suggested depend on the user's browser. Hopefully this will make it easier for users to figure out how to use user scripts/styles, if they have not used them before. If the user has user script/style capabilities and it is not detected, they can click an override link and Greasy Fork will not show the modal again (as long as localStorage is not cleared).

* Greasy Fork can detect Tampermonkey, Violentmonkey, and Stylus. (Greasemonkey devs rejected adding an integration to accomplish this.)

§
Edited: 27. 06. 2021

Glad my suggestion was implemented, the only problem is that on Opera GX I disactivated my tampermonkey extension, even though nothing changes on script pages, there's no modal/box anywhere saying I have to install an script manager.
Is this a bug?
Where should the modal appear?

The other problem of this is that Greasyfork doesn't detect anymore if I have a script installed or not, I guess this is a bug because of this implementation and change on greasyfork. https://greasyfork.org/en/discussions/greasyfork/91279-greasyfork-doesn-t-detect-anymore-if-i-have-a-script-installed-or-not

@Essam3111
Seems like this may be the reason of the bug "Greasyfork doesn't detect anymore if I have a script installed or not".

§

@hacker09 If you ever say "install anyway", that choice will be remembered. You'll need to clear your localStorage for this site to reset that.

§

That doesn't answer any of my questions...

I can't find any "install anyway" button anywhere.

Where should the modal asking to install tampermonkey appear?

From now on scripts will never show the option "Reinstall/Update"? (This bug is very bad and annoying, I wish it was kept as it was before)

§

@hacker09 The modal appears if:

1. You are not using a (detectable) user script manager
2. You have not already seen it and pressed "install anyway"

Missing reinstall/update is a bug; I'm investigating.

§

Thank you for the answers and good luck investigating that!

Sign in to post a reply.