Youtube Subtitle Downloader v36

Download Subtitles

< Feedback on Youtube Subtitle Downloader v36

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2016-10-05

Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m (64-bit) works perfectly after I refreshed the browser

Initially I didn't see any changes and even pressing F5 to refresh the page I still didn't see any new page additions. Then I closed the browser, and manually dumped my cache and on visiting YouTube again, suddenly there is a new Green drop down button on pages with subtitles which allows me to download into the SRT format. My only beef is on some pages without Closed Captions, TamperMonkey opens asking for permission to run. Also having this script installed changes my default OFF closed caption option, ON on ALL videos.

1c7Author
§
Posted: 2016-10-08

got it.
Sorry about that 2 problem:
1. permission
2. caption ON all the time.

Can you provide a youtube URL that TamperMonkey opens asking for permission to run?
If I remember correctly, the permission thing you only need allow once. not everytime.

2. I think this problem need take some time to solve, I suggest you enable the script only when you need download subtitle. after success download subtitle. just disable it in Tampermonkey. This is a temporary solution. I would take a deep look about how to fix it when I got time.

Thanks for using.
Have a nice day

Cheng Zheng.

Sign in to post a reply.