Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube - Search Results Cleaner

Hides most of the random, unrelated videos which YouTube injects into search results, but still allows you to access them. This script gathers videos from categories like "People also watched" and "For you" and collapses them into thin boxes on-screen so they won't distract from actual search results. Hover the mouse over these boxes to show their contents.

< Feedback on YouTube - Search Results Cleaner

مراجعة: Good - script works

§
Posted: 15-11-2022

Useful script as usual Lednerg!

§

One issue I came across is
It also hides the 'Top News' , 'Latest from ' Section which sometimes makes the results useless. Search for any news channels or a trending topic and you will probably be able to replicate the issue

lednergمؤلف
§

There's no way for a CSS stylesheet to differentiate between 'Top News' and the other ones like 'For you' or 'People also watched'. This is because of how YouTube's HTML is set up, all of those things look identical as far as CSS goes.

Anyway, you can always hover over Top News and everything shows up in there just fine, so nothing's useless. And videos in the Top News thing are not strictly search results, YouTube just gathered those directly from news organizations, which people may or may not want in every case.

§
Posted: 18-11-2022

Can it be possible to make the script such that, there is an option in the boxes to revert to the normal UI for that particular box only OR it refreshes the page disabling the script for that page temporarily.

lednergمؤلف
§
Posted: 19-11-2022

Maybe somebody could make that script, but not me. I only make stuff that I personally use and then I share it here if I feel others might like it. Since I would have no use for such a script, and it would involve writing everything from scratch in Javascript, it's just not happening. And seriously, how difficult is it to just scroll up and down within the box? It's literally the same action.

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.