Greasy Fork is available in English.

HIT Scraper WITH EXPORT Legacy

Snag HITs.

< Feedback on HIT Scraper WITH EXPORT Legacy

سؤال / تعليق

block by HIT ID?

the block list by title works pretty well, but sadly there are folks that use the same HIT title over and over. I would like to disappear certain HITS for various reasons, but not future ones with the exact same title (or heavens 2 different folks using the same title). It cleans up the screen and makes it easier to see the new stuff. I realize this could become a very long list, and I would be happy with some fixed length queue where values roll off as this feature is really aimed short term ... and I'm assuming you have access to the HIT ID when you display the HIT ...

Tjololoمؤلف
§
Posted: 23-06-2015

Well, I assume by hit ID you mean group ID, because the hit ID is unique for every hit.

This is possible, but might lead to some alternate issues, such as a requester using the same group ID for different hits (which does happen). If you blocked it once, you probably want to block it again, and if they're changing the title, it's probably not a requester you want to do work for and you should block the requester.

The functionality of blocking group ID's is really met already by the requester block. I didn't see the point in adding in an extra interface, coding in extra ways of checking hits and blocking hits, just to remove one or two hits from an interface. I thought that blocking the requester would be sufficient, or just looking past the small handful of hits that are on the page that you've done. If I get enough people asking for it I can look at adding it in, but it's a nontrivial change for a small reward.

Blocking was never designed to be a "short-term" thing. Originally, when hit scraper was written, you couldn't even change the blocklist without editing the code. I've made it easier to add to it, but more difficult to remove. The thinking on this is based on a Limited Exclusion rule, where you only exclude people who you are REALLY disinterested in seeing, or hits that you are really disinterested in doing. It helps keep your page refreshes lower. So far it's like the other suggestion, a non-trivial effort for a small request relating to a small number of users.

Again, if enough people mention this would be useful I can look at adding it in, for now though its urgency level is pretty low.

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.